NRA knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
GardenGram

NRA knife

Post by GardenGram »

Here's one I picked up a couple months ago at the annual banquet. Love the jewling on it. It's SHARP all around.
Attachments
20210714_093942.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: NRA knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nice looking knife. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Very nice!

I am beginning to very seriously consider the Gator from Silver Stag. I've been looking for a mid-sized sheepsfoot-blade one-hand open non-serrated knife; and in ergonomics, steel, and price; it checks most of the boxes (OK, $133 is a lot but these are higher quality than most production brands).

The problem is I can't decide between cocobolo and stag. I've seen knives in both handle materials that have lived hard lives, and they still seem fine.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are nice! ::tu:: ::tu:: Any idea who makes these or is Silver Stag a real knife maker?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 pm Those are nice! ::tu:: ::tu:: Any idea who makes these or is Silver Stag a real knife maker?
They don't give very many details, or even have an about/history page; but apparently, they've been in business for "over 20 years" and started out as one guy making knives out of his garage as a hobby.

https://silverstag.com/index.php?route=common/home
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: I heard that NRA knives are made in China. I won't join I don't need a $45 subscription to their magazine and a cheap decal. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I bought a Silver Stag bowie awhile back from a flea market and it appears to be a very nice knife. A little on the large side to use or carry every day but I still like it.
Attachments
SilverStagBowie.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 pm
1967redrider wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 pm Those are nice! ::tu:: ::tu:: Any idea who makes these or is Silver Stag a real knife maker?
They don't give very many details, or even have an about/history page; but apparently, they've been in business for "over 20 years" and started out as one guy making knives out of his garage as a hobby.

https://silverstag.com/index.php?route=common/home

Thanks for the info, Cody, interesting history . . . ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

fergusontd wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:14 pm ::woot:: I heard that NRA knives are made in China. I won't join I don't need a $45 subscription to their magazine and a cheap decal. ftd
There are, and have been, so many NRA knives that it could be a collectors focus all in its own right. I have them by Schrade, Buck Knives, and Case (all USA made) some recent, some old. There are also Chinese, Japanese (I have a Lakota), and Taiwan made NRA branded knives out there. I wish there was a guide to them all. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

knife7knut wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:23 pm I bought a Silver Stag bowie awhile back from a flea market and it appears to be a very nice knife. A little on the large side to use or carry every day but I still like it.EDIT:Checked their web site and this one is called the,"Alaskan Camper" Didn't realize how expensive they were! I paid $60 for it a couple years ago.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Some NRA knives I've acquired over time.
Attachments
Buck110T-FriendsofNRA-LenaweeCounty-15 001.jpg
CRKT1.jpg
NRAKnives 002.jpg
NRAKnives 003.jpg
NRAKnives 004.jpg

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”