Anyone collect Bowies?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Anyone collect Bowies?

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

petekuhn wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:31 pm There is a ships anchor and other writing on the blade. I guess he got tired of the tip of the sheath falling off.
::oh_my:: That's a beauty! I love that shape of blade and handle! ::tu:: ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

A "new style" Bowie with Green bone scales.
Attachments
DSCF1578.JPG
DSCF1581.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

A real looker, and very appropriate for St. Paddie's Day! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
petekuhn

Post by petekuhn »

One rare coffin handle silver sheath a yankee bowie and an IXL
Attachments
IMG_2847 (1).JPG
IMG_2862.JPG
IMG_2863.JPG
IMG_2865.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Too bad these pieces can't share their history with us. With their age comes lots of character. Very interesting pieces Pete.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:31 pm Too bad these pieces can't share their history with us. With their age comes lots of character. Very interesting pieces Pete.
Indeed.
petekuhn

Post by petekuhn »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:31 pm Too bad these pieces can't share their history with us. With their age comes lots of character. Very interesting pieces Pete.
This is top secrect
Attachments
IMG_6320.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Can you tell us anything about this knife?
petekuhn

Post by petekuhn »

Kinda looks like this eh. James Black and Jacob Buzzard
Attachments
JamesBlackPort_f.jpg
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:24 am After getting out my old/newer Case Bowie for a comparison to another Bowie I picked up, I started looking around the "knife-room" ::paranoid:: looks
::paranoid:: like I might have started collecting Bowies at some point... ::shrug:: but I am not sure when... ::shrug::
Lol...I just caught myself " collecting" Bowie knives too...lol...since I can't afford the real deal ( antique) I try to make/ modify or rebuild mine...lol
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Pete, I don't know the history of Mr. Black and Mr. Buzzard but given their names, plus the fact they favor coffin-handled knives, plus their overall demeanor, I do believe I would have avoided them given the opportunity.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:08 pm Pete, I don't know the history of Mr. Black and Mr. Buzzard but given their names, plus the fact they favor coffin-handled knives, plus their overall demeanor, I do believe I would have avoided them given the opportunity.
::paranoid:: They might have been undertakers and run a mortuary ::hmm:: ... ::paranoid::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

petekuhn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:18 pm One rare coffin handle silver sheath a yankee bowie and an IXL
P.K. keep them pictures coming! ::nod:: You have an amazing collection! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Alien883 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:45 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:24 am After getting out my old/newer Case Bowie for a comparison to another Bowie I picked up, I started looking around the "knife-room" ::paranoid:: looks
::paranoid:: like I might have started collecting Bowies at some point... ::shrug:: but I am not sure when... ::shrug::
Lol...I just caught myself " collecting" Bowie knives too...lol...since I can't afford the real deal ( antique) I try to make/ modify or rebuild mine...lol
LOL! :D .... ::paranoid:: you wake up one day and say to yourself "how the He!! did I get all this stuff?" ::skeptic:: ... Then you end end up trying to get MORE stuff ::dang:: ::facepalm:: ... ::skeptic:: ... I wish I had start serious collecting back in the "olden times" when I was a kid, the antique knives were comparatively cheap back then... ::hmm:: or so they appear to have been all these years later... ::skeptic::

Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:31 pm
LOL! :D .... ::paranoid:: you wake up one day and say to yourself "how the He!! did I get all this stuff?" ::skeptic:: ... Then you end end up trying to get MORE stuff ::dang:: ::facepalm:: ... ::skeptic:: ... I wish I had start serious collecting back in the "olden times" when I was a kid, the antique knives were comparatively cheap back then... ::hmm:: or so they appear to have been all these years later... ::skeptic::
Lol, same story with old cars and old motorcycles....if I would have only known!??? 😆
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Alien883 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:26 pm
Lol, same story with old cars and old motorcycles....if I would have only known!??? 😆
I had a buddy that had about 5 or 6 Randle NIB knives from the 70's/80's and in the 1990's I could have bought them from him at a 1990 price... ::doh:: ... ::dang:: ... ::facepalm:: ... I passed. ::dang:: I think I invested the money in Enron, or Kodax, or something like that... ::facepalm:: ...

There was an old episode of "Seinfeld" where George, realizes he should do the opposite of what his instincts are and then everything turns out great for him... that is real-life story for my collecting history... except I always went with all my 1st choices... ::dang:: ... ::facepalm::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

New to my stash... ::facepalm::
Attachments
DSCF1795.JPG
DSCF1796.JPG
DSCF1797.JPG
DSCF1798.JPG

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Nice additions, especially the Trophy Stag!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Didn't think it would be as big as this but Bought this as I had never seen one before.

Big and sharp !!!
Attachments
g1.jpg
g2.jpg
g3.jpg
g6.jpg
g9.jpg
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

The Big Bowie is from Solingen
Attachments
DSCF1836.JPG
DSCF1837.JPG
DSCF1843.JPG
DSCF1844.JPG
DSCF1845.JPG
DSCF1842.JPG

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:14 am Nice additions, especially the Trophy Stag!
Thanks Dan ::handshake::

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

One advantage of a big knife is that it is not easily misplaced. :mrgreen: I know I am stating the obvious JT, something I have a facility for, but I have never seen anyone refer to this characteristic before. So I at least have this one accomplishment for today.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:43 pm One advantage of a big knife is that it is not easily misplaced. :mrgreen: I know I am stating the obvious JT, something I have a facility for, but I have never seen anyone refer to this characteristic before. So I at least have this one accomplishment for today.
Q.S. that's a good point! ... ::hmm:: I had not thought about that before ::hmm:: ... and the good Lord knows I misplace ::facepalm:: a lot of knives...
::paranoid:: ...maybe I need to start concentrating on getting more Bowies ... ::shrug::

petekuhn

Post by petekuhn »

Just bought this one at 5am
Attachments
IMG_2869.JPG
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2872.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Excellent artifacts Pete. Highly interesting.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”