Fixed Blade Robeson

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Fixed Blade Robeson

Post by dlr110 »

Folks I have a person that has contacted me via my website asking about information on a Robeson fixed blade #7 with stacked leather handle. The only thing I can come up with is it's not military issue because there are no indicators such as USN, USMC, or a Milspec number and most of the ones issued to the military were #20 or #21 up through 1949. The one tang stamp that I found like the one shown indicates this knife was made between 1965 and 1977 at which time Robeson ceased operations.(?) I'm not 100% sure of all my facts so if anyone could please help me with this knife I would greatly appreciate it.
image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Gunsil

Re: Fixed Blade Robeson

Post by Gunsil »

Robeson bought Kinfolks in 1956 or 57 and your knife is one made with the old Kinfolks dies. I have a stag on stag handled Robeson with the same ricasso mark as yours but I believe mine was made more like 1957-1965 so your knife could be anytime after 1957. Definitely no military connection.
JeffHughes

Re: Fixed Blade Robeson

Post by JeffHughes »

I don't think it's military either.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”