Russell Green River 4215

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Russell Green River 4215

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I had ordered this blade from Jantz a couple of years ago and had set it away and kind of forgot about it until a few months ago. I then took up the project of handling the finished blade with stag and making a sheath. Well the stag was not the best, and it had a lot of spongy porous material on the back even though the front looked real good. I then put the knife away and had not touched it until a week ago when I took it out and found that the stag on one side had completely split thru the pin holes on that side. So I removed the stag and redid it with ironwood, as I have a good supply of it on hand. Turned out OK I think. I have a couple of pieces of the same stag left, but before I use it for anything I am going to be sure to sand the "pithe" out of before use. The Russell Green River blades are a very high quality 1095 pre finished blade at a reasonable price.
IMG_4984.JPG
IMG_4985.JPG
IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Russell Green River 4215

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I like it. That’s some nice looking ironwood. I much prefer the warmth of wood handles over most other materials. Good job.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:05 pm I like it. That’s some nice looking ironwood. I much prefer the warmth of wood handles over most other materials. Good job.
Like I always say, "man does not live by stag alone". lol
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:51 pm I had ordered this blade from Jantz a couple of years ago and had set it away and kind of forgot about it until a few months ago. I then took up the project of handling the finished blade with stag and making a sheath. Well the stag was not the best, and it had a lot of spongy porous material on the back even though the front looked real good. I then put the knife away and had not touched it until a week ago when I took it out and found that the stag on one side had completely split thru the pin holes on that side. So I removed the stag and redid it with ironwood, as I have a good supply of it on hand. Turned out OK I think. I have a couple of pieces of the same stag left, but before I use it for anything I am going to be sure to sand the "pithe" out of before use. The Russell Green River blades are a very high quality 1095 pre finished blade at a reasonable price.
IMG_4984.JPG
IMG_4985.JPG
IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG
Fantastic. And good wood will beat rubbish stag any day. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: :lol:
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

That handle looks great! ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

A terrific job all around. That ironwood is absolutely stunning! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great job OC. That wood has character. And I bet it will only get better from the oil from your hands. Both beautiful and practical.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Love it!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I LOVE Ironwood ::tu:: That looks great!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: A terrific job all around. ::nod:: ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Looks great with the ironwood!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”