Kingston U.S.A. Please post 'em!

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kingston U.S.A. Please post 'em!

Post by doglegg »

It's certainly in great shape. And welcome. ::handshake::
rustyoldknife
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by rustyoldknife »

Clark23 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00 am Hi there I am new to this and my first post, but I have seen this Kingston Page and would like to show my Kingston. I already seen one just like it, is there any information in what year it could be? I read Kingston ended in 58.
Welcome to the forum, for your 1st post that is a beauty ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
David
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Thank you gentlemen!
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Ripster wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:45 pm
Clark23 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:00 am Hi there I am new to this and my first post, but I have seen this Kingston Page and would like to show my Kingston. I already seen one just like it, is there any information in what year it could be? I read Kingston ended in 58.
Clark,welcome to the forum. Heck of a first post,nice Kingston . Nailing down the year for this brand is difficult. Have to read the knife some and look at material,construction, markings and then it’s difficult. Are you into any other brands? Hope to see you around the forum,it’s one of the best knife forums around.
I am not into any brand exactly, I honestly am getting started. But I have a good first start in some nice VTG knives, I purchased a lot couple years back and just getting started on this forum so I am limited to what I could do and need to eventually support but can’t as of right now due to lack of funds.
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Hey there it’s been awhile and would like to know for sure, what handle material is on the Kingston USA jack? Was it all Plastic Composition handles used? Here is a refresh of the knife in question, also could I get some pricing information?
Attachments
74784121-20ED-4EF6-AEC7-0265D90262A9.jpeg
Cdavis1331

Post by Cdavis1331 »

Awesome thread on one of my favorite stamps to collect. My current hometown is Kingston, NY, where the company got it's namesake I believe. Kingston, NY is located about 30 miles north of Ellenville and Napanoch and maybe 50 miles from Walden. Here's some photos of most of my Kingston knives.
Attachments
20180819_140126-1.jpg
20190601_195816-1.jpg
20210103_180502.jpg
Tanuki

Post by Tanuki »

I had yet to hear of Kingston when I saw this 3 5/16" serpentine stockman. Decently built knife in good shape, kept sharpened but with some small flaws in the edges.
B5CBFB9A-2D5F-4C9D-AA66-C5C1A142DAA9.jpeg
John - semi-corny, looking for a maize knife
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Recently, this pocket knife arrived and it now becomes the latest example to join this topic or thread and to join my general pocket knife collection. It came in a very large group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. I am happy to have it. However, I did NOT buy the group or lot for this particular pocket knife. It turned out to be a keeper. It is an UNBRANDED, three blades, NO tang stamp(s), 3 3/8" closed, 5 7/8" main blade open, "cattleman"(?), "stockman" (?), pattern or style of pocket knife. ALL of the bolsters have pins. I could NOT find the remains of ANY type of stamp, etch, etc. But, after carefully comparing this pocket knife with other similar, three blade knives, I am 99.999% positive that this "UNBRANDED" pocket knife IS a KINGSTON, an IMPERIAL, or a ?????? pocket knife. I also posted this under two IMPERIAL topics or threads. Overall, it is in EXCELLENT condition. All I did was wipe it off. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.

***** If Anyone Knows For Sure What Brand This Pocket Knife Is, PLEASE Let Me Know. *****
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade-Front & Back Tang.
The Main Blade-Front & Back Tang.
The Secondary Blade-Front & Back Tang.
The Secondary Blade-Front & Back Tang.
The Third Blade-Front & Back Tang.
The Third Blade-Front & Back Tang.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 pm Recently, this pocket knife arrived and it now becomes the latest example to join this topic or thread and to join my general pocket knife collection. It came in a very large group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. I am happy to have it. However, I did NOT buy the group or lot for this particular pocket knife. It turned out to be a keeper. It is an UNBRANDED, three blades, NO tang stamp(s), 3 3/8" closed, 5 7/8" main blade open, "cattleman"(?), "stockman" (?), pattern or style of pocket knife. ALL of the bolsters have pins. I could NOT find the remains of ANY type of stamp, etch, etc. But, after carefully comparing this pocket knife with other similar, three blade knives, I am 99.999% positive that this "UNBRANDED" pocket knife IS a KINGSTON, an IMPERIAL, or a ?????? pocket knife. I also posted this under two IMPERIAL topics or threads. Overall, it is in EXCELLENT condition. All I did was wipe it off. I took some pictures and here it is.

***** If Anyone Knows For Sure What Brand This Pocket Knife Is, PLEASE Let Me Know. *****
I’m no expert, but I’d be shocked if that was an Imperial. It’s a beauty, tho!
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

Prolly my only Kingston.
Attachments
68E6AC48-A739-47F9-8A23-1B662A9AAEB8.jpeg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Eelephant wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 pm I’m.....
Thank you, Eelephant. 🍻

Eelephant wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:51 pm Prolly.....
Eelephant, that's a g@@d l👀king piece of pocket cutlery. ::tu:: ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Very recently, this pocket knife arrived and it now becomes my latest example to join this topic or thread. It is also the latest example to join my general pocket knife collection. It came in a group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. I did NOT buy the group or lot to obtain this particular pocket knife. However, it did turn out to be a keeper. It is a KINGSTON, three blades, one tang stamp, 3 1/4" closed, stockman, pattern or style of pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says, "KINGSTON (over) U.S.A." The main blade has no half stop. It has a soft opening and closing snap. The secondary blade has no half stop. It has a soft opening and closing snap. The third blade has no half stop, but has a good opening and closing snap. Overall, this pocket knife is in VERY GOOD condition. It did NOT need any cleaning at all. I just wiped it off.
I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Very recently, this pocket knife arrived and it now becomes my latest example to join this topic or thread. It is also the latest example to join my general pocket knife collection. It came in a group or lot of pocket knives that I bought. I did NOT buy the group or lot to obtain this particular pocket knife. But, it did turn out to be a keeper. It is a KINGSTON, two blades, one tang stamp, 3 1/8" closed, one spring, tipped bolsters, pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says, "KINGSTON (over) U.S.A." The main blade has no half stop. It does have a soft opening and closing snap. The secondary blade also has no half stop. But, it does have a decent opening and closing snap. Overall, this pocket knife is in VERY GOOD condition. It did NOT need any cleaning at all. I just wiped it off. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

That is an attractive knife, Skip, nice pickup!
Ike
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Waukonda wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:13 pm That.....
Thank you, Ike.🍻
I was quite surprised and pleased to find this one and the
one I previously posted, in the same group or lot of knives.

Skip
GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

Had this one for a little bit. Kingston USA.
I've seen quite a few of the K340s being posted, but not many K341s so here is mine.
A little scale shrinkage and some pitting here and there, but still feels like a nice solid knife.
Attachments
20240416_215022.jpg
20240416_215025.jpg
Goodnight Chesty Puller... wherever you are... ::pray::

Come and shop at our store...
We've been waiting for yooouu...
Www.drshanknstein.com

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”