IKCO The Imperial Knife Company

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
whitebuffalo58

Re: IKCO The Imperial Knife Company

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Well, it's got me a little confused. It is one of their earlier tang stamps, but unless the composition is celluloid, the rough black comp would suggest a bit later then the 20's.(IMHO)

Not many records, even on the early Imperials, but what few I've come across list only bone and celluloid as handle materials. It would be the first jigged black celluloid I've ever seen, or the earliest non-celluloid rough black that I've ever seen. One guess would be an earlier blade used in a later knife. Imperial did that some.

WB
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, WB.
I didn't see the crack and the shrinkage before my guess at Delrin or I wouldn't have made that guess.
It doesn't seem like celluloid but I would be the first to admit that I haven't seen all celluloid.
Whatever the make up it's a pretty fair knife. I have sharpened it now and I will be packing it.
Thanks again.
Joe
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Not sure I was much help, but happy to try.
I have sharpened it now and I will be packing it
Some of the nicest jigging I've seen on a composite and with Imperial's blade steel it should be great EDC. ::tu::

WB
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I thought this was pretty neat. Never removed from the original card, and it's the Junior model which are a lot harder to find!
Attachments
s-l640.jpg
AAPK Janitor
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

That's pretty neat, Dimitri! I have one, but never knew they came on a card. Without looking, I think the one I have is imprinted with "compliments" of an auto parts store or something along those lines. Nice little find and I especially like how the card says Made in USA, Printed in USA and Patented in USA. ::tu::

WB
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thanks Rob, made back when made in America meant something! :D
AAPK Janitor

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”