Old Stock Certificate

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
PA Knives
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Old Stock Certificate

Post by PA Knives »

Another teaser for all of you. This is a stock certicate issued to W.R. Brown. Notice how the "Razor" is crossed out and "Cutlery" inserted. This is dated 1910 and was after the name change in 1909. Of course W.R was the president of Union until his death in 1924. I was thrilled to find this one, especially with the names and tranisition information clearly defined. enjoy
Attachments
URC stock certifcate WRbrown.jpg
Multiple Contributions to Knife Magazine ,
Author of "Great Eastern Cutlery: An American Tradition, the History of the Northfield & Tidioute Brands" & "Tidioute: A Town With an Edge"
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Now THAT is exceptionally cool!!

::nod:: ::drool::

Bill
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/getanedge
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

This type of collectible is right up my alley. I've always been overly fascinated with investments and that old stock certificate really tripped my trigger. I hadn't ever even thought about keeping an eye out for those.

Anybody else have some to show? I'd really like to see some more. ::nod:: Very cool!

Bryan
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old Stock Certificate

Post by DM11 »

Cool score!
David
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Old Stock Certificate

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

I love old stock certificates - they can be true works of art. I have a few old railroad company certificates.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”