Another Camillus Display case

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
Gr8Scout

Another Camillus Display case

Post by Gr8Scout »

Two questions: Why would anyone keep this empty cardboard display, filled with empty boxes, all these years? And: Why would I pay $5 for it at a knife/gun show?

So I am wondering, how old, what knife model was stocked in the boxes, and why I piddle away my money like this.

Phil
Attachments
Merry Camillus
Merry Camillus
camillus.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

Because it was only $5??
:mrgreen:
May the New Year bring you many more great deals on knife er...STUFF!! ::tu::
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Would you accept 100 percent profit. I have no idea what the model of knife was. How about this for clever I probably have several hundred of similar stones brand new from Schrade in boxes of 100. 180067206732 I do not know the answers to why however I can identify with the compulsion. I bought this yesterday.

Why we Piddle. Is partly a rhyme and partly a riddle

Some see an empty box and say it is worth but little.

Some see an empty box and wonder if the contents long gone were suitable to whittle.

What was, what is, preys upon the mind like a haunting tune upon a fiddle
This my friend is why only those who see the future, in what was, is the reason that in an empty box.

you piddle. LT

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”