New York Knife Co. Tool knife

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

New York Knife Co. Tool knife

Post by stockman »

Hello, I recently traded for a New York knife Co tool knife. I was needing a picture of the orginal case and the measurements if anyone has this would you please post it. I tryed Levines but need more detail.

Stockman
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

LT.. or anyone? Can we help this guy out?
Phil
LRV

Post by LRV »

I think we need a little more info.
Are you speaking of the display case that it would have been found in or the box it would have been purchased in.
Also a picture of the knife is needed (I think) as NYK made many.
Im sure we can help (Im speaking for others here) with a little more i details.
Thanks
Larry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Hello, This Tool Kit Knife is exactly like the NYK CO pictured page 297 lower left cornor Levine's Guide 4th edition. What I want is a picture of the Case the knife came when new. I wanted a better picture than in Levines book, and the measurements of the case.

Thanks Stockman
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Well I do not have the case you are looking for however they used several variations I do have the simple soft case which some of these were sold in . If you check the post I made under NYK kitchen cutlery you will see they used a similar soft case for there picnic cutlery set. The construction and material is the same. I mention this just to verify what I am saying However this does not help you in your search for the higher end leather versions. While i have three of the two snap leather small set cases i do not have the big one you want. Usually that set had two of the knife handles some also used a different ended type of attachments. NYK and Napanoch used both types Nap also made them under Ulery. Some were not even stamped. I included some pics of some of the different tools that I ended up with over the years. and some of the various other things that went with them. I also put in the Napanoch ad for the small tool , also the same case used for the three piece kitchen cutlery set they also sold. So while this does not answer your question perhapes you will enjoy the pics and some examples of various tool that attached to the knives. Sorry I could not be of more help. LT
Attachments
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG (18.13 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-017S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG (16.33 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-016S.JPG
MVC-016S.JPG (38.32 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-015S.JPG
MVC-015S.JPG (18.78 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-014S.JPG
MVC-014S.JPG (18.07 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-013S.JPG
MVC-013S.JPG (52.25 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-012S.JPG
MVC-012S.JPG (31.77 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-011S.JPG (25.89 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-010S.JPG (27.14 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-009S.JPG (36.02 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Hello to all and thanks to all that read and posted replys on the tool set knife kit by NYK Co. LT thanks for the information on the cases the last case that you posted, the soft one is the exact case my knife came in. My search will be over now that I know I have the right one. Also I have the Nap set you showed, but do not have the cardboard box. Plus I have another Nap with wood handles this second Nap is thicker and the tools are thicker, more heavy duty it must be a earlier knife. I have not talked to anyone that knows anything about the second Nap set. On the second Nap set all that I have is the handle and clip blade. The blade to this knife is to thick to fit my first Nap.It is nice to have so many friends out there with so much knife knowledge.

Thanks again
Stockman
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Stockman,
When someone asks a question and LT or another member provides an answer, we all benefit. Thank YOU!
Phil

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”