Show find.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
upnorth

Lawton Cutlery Co.

Post by upnorth »

Thanks for the comments Eric! This Lawton Cutlery Harness Jack has me scratching my head. It has a Camillus style punch in it, and holding it next to a marked Camillus knife, I'm sure it's from the same tooling. The tang stamp on the Lawton blade looks old, and correct. Yet the brand is supposed to be from the 1890s. The knife generally looks later. I don't know what to think; maybe you knifers out there can shed some light on this??
Attachments
LawtonTang.jpg
LawtonTang.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
LawtonHJback.jpg
LawtonHJ.jpg
upnorth

Post by upnorth »

It's pretty funny sometimes, Hukk!
A huge room full of people looking down!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have a few orders from customers who want stag on their knives. There was quite a bit of stag there, but you really had to dig for it to find the good pieces. I spent so much time going through piles of stag slabs, that I was counting stag in my sleep that night! :lol:

Like Hukk, I spent most of my time looking for supplys. But I did spend a while visiting with Charlie.

It was a great show, but I am still recovering from all the walking & standing on the concrete floor.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”