The Lamb Foot Knife

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
LongBlade

Re: The Lamb Foot Knife

Post by LongBlade »

Nice knife Charlie - beautiful knife ::tu:: ... however imho the blade is a sheep foot and not a lamb foot... there is indeed a difference and well described in a diagram that Dimitri posted on the first page of this thread... it was a popular English pattern to this day but not many, if any, were made in America to my knowledge (but maybe Dimitri can correct me if I am wrong on that last point)...
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

There are some really nice knives posted here. I guess no American maker made lamb foot knives? Just based on the examples in this thread I gather that the lamb foot was always the main or only blade in a knife. I do not recall ever seeing a lamb foot blade in person, though the worn down coping blade on some of my whittlers matches the shape.

This is an interesting thread: thanks for starting it, Dimitri. And for the information and photos, fellows!
Mel
BWT

Post by BWT »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Not really sure about the parameters that define a Real Lamb Foot Knife.

However, I cannot look at what's posted here and not think of this little Robeson. It's less than three inches long.

Charlie Noyes
That's one good looking knife Charlie, to me it doesn't get much better than that one!!!
Bill

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”