Pittsburgh Cutlery.Bever Falls Cutlery

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
cattaraugus57

Pittsburgh Cutlery.Bever Falls Cutlery

Post by cattaraugus57 »

My Family is from Beaver Falls..A life long friend of My Brother (who is also from there) recently found a Map from 1867 showing the Pittsburgh Cutlery co in the same spot as Beaver Falls Cutlery.....anyone have any info of them?

thanks!
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Pittsburgh Cutlery.Bever Falls Cutlery

Post by danno50 »

Goins lists Pittsburgh Cutlery Co.: c. 1866 to 1868, founded in 1866 by Edward Binns and Samuel Mason in Rochester, Pennsylvania. Originally named "Binns & Mason", on October 13 the name was changed to Pittsburgh Cutlery Co.. They were sold to the Harmony Society of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. In April, 1867, the cutlery moved to Beaver Falls. In early 1868, the name became "Beaver Falls Cutlery Company".
Dan
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Thank You very much Dan,I knew I had heard the Story before but couldn't remember it.
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

I don't know anything about the above mentioned cutlery company but I do seem to recall they know how to build a pretty solid NFL Quarterback up there in Beaver Falls!! I think they send them off to Alabama first for finishing.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Lol!....My Brother went to School with Joe Namath.... ::tu::
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Joe Namath went to school?

C Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

:roll: ..Yep..That's what My Brother told Me!..LOL! ::hmm::

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”