Norvell - Shapleigh Display Cabinet

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
RobesonsRme.com

Norvell - Shapleigh Display Cabinet

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Saw this floor model display cabinet at The Winfield Antiques Mall in Winfield, Alabama, Saturday. Winfield is a small town in North West corner of the state.

I didn’t measure it, but it’s at least 3’ x 3’ x 2’ deep.

In good condition. Etched glass front.

I tried to get a couple of nice photos.

I do not know if the center shelf is glass or wood.

Asking price is $1250.00. Call and make an offer. If you’re close enough to pick it up, all the better.

I’d be happy to pick it up and meet someone halfway, within reason.

I know that’s a lot of money, but there are some here that could pay that and might find this to be a desirable piece.

The mall is easily found on-line. It is one of our favorite shops. Very well organized and categorized.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
EAF7D467-B31F-4F75-9FF2-22E1A1AF1390.jpeg
8BB3C9FA-4F10-483B-9E4E-5A11C4D8DD2C.jpeg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Norvell - Shapleigh Display Cabinet

Post by peanut740 »

Charlie,that is nice.Can't be many of them around.
Roger
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Roger, there was a hardware store here. Both the owner/partners were knife collectors and they got me started in 1988.

They had two identical elaborously etched square John Primble counter-top display cabinets. Glass on three sides and top.

They have retired and closed now. I have no idea what happened to the display cases.

BTW, if you want this one, I'm willing to meet you somewhere. No charge. ::tu::

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Thanks for the offer Charlie.I don't have room for anymore furniture.I have been gripping at the wife to get rid of some of HER stuff,and bringing in more ain't going to motivate her any.I had 3 Case and a Schrade display and unloaded them a couple years ago.They were not nearly as nice as that one.
Roger

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”