Knives & Boxes

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
User avatar
LongBlade
Posts: 3396
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: Woods of CT

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by LongBlade » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Very nice Charlie and QCut ::tu:: ::tu:: ...

QCut - your efforts to save boxes from more modern knives is great ::tu:: - in the future boxes may not be as hard to find for future collectors ::nod:: ...
____________________________________________________________________________
Lee

User avatar
galvanic1882
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Payson AZ
Contact:

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by galvanic1882 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Yes I second that great knives and boxes.

User avatar
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3126
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am
Location: Napo'opo'o, HI

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by QTCut5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 am

I think the vintage boxes are much more interesting than the newer boxes; IMO, they have more character.

But, that's not to say all newer boxes are totally uninteresting. Here are a few more from my collection that will probably earn some character over time (although I'm sure it will be long after I'm gone...like in 50 - 60 years).
P8120015.JPG
P8120006.JPG
P8120001.JPG
P8120014.JPG
P8120005.JPG
The box for this Mammoth Ivory Lone Wolf Loveless City Knife is interesting because of the ID label with a picture of the exact knife on it...right down to the scrimshaw detail.
P8120013.JPG
~Q~

User avatar
galvanic1882
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Payson AZ
Contact:

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by galvanic1882 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm

QTCut5 wrote:I think the vintage boxes are much more interesting than the newer boxes; IMO, they have more character.

But, that's not to say all newer boxes are totally uninteresting. Here are a few more from my collection that will probably earn some character over time (although I'm sure it will be long after I'm gone...like in 50 - 60 years).
P8120015.JPG
P8120006.JPG
P8120001.JPG
P8120014.JPG
P8120005.JPG
The box for this Mammoth Ivory Lone Wolf Loveless City Knife is interesting because of the ID label with a picture of the exact knife on it...right down to the scrimshaw detail.
P8120013.JPG
Great boxes and knives ::tu::

User avatar
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3126
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am
Location: Napo'opo'o, HI

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by QTCut5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

galvanic1882 wrote:Another group Nagle Re-Blade
The bone on that EO Teardrop Jack is outstanding. ::tu::

One more...
P8120004.JPG
~Q~

User avatar
galvanic1882
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Payson AZ
Contact:

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by galvanic1882 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm

::tu:: ::tu::

User avatar
LongBlade
Posts: 3396
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: Woods of CT

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by LongBlade » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Great showing QTCut5 ::tu:: ::tu::
____________________________________________________________________________
Lee

User avatar
espn77
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: South west Kansas by way of Texas

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by espn77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 pm

My favorite
Attachments
20190811_161723.jpg
20190811_161700.jpg

User avatar
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3889
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:53 am

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by btrwtr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 am

Here is an R1253 bullet knife with the original box. The box is much harder to find than the knife. The knife has gone on to a new owner but I still have the box. It is the only Bullet knife box I've ever seen.
Attachments
DSC05394.JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

User avatar
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3126
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am
Location: Napo'opo'o, HI

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by QTCut5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

LongBlade wrote:Great showing QTCut5 ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you, sir.

Looking forward to seeing your others soon (when you're feeling better).
~Q~

User avatar
espn77
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: South west Kansas by way of Texas

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by espn77 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 am

btrwtr wrote:Here is an R1253 bullet knife with the original box. The box is much harder to find than the knife. The knife has gone on to a new owner but I still have the box. It is the only Bullet knife box I've ever seen.
Oh boy!!!!!! I've always wondered if there were bullet boxes out there. That's amazing.

User avatar
LongBlade
Posts: 3396
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: Woods of CT

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by LongBlade » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Nice Keith ::tu:: ::tu:: ... I have a similar “display” type box from H&B ... I’ll dig it out for photos soon..

Wayne - As Keith said amazing Bullet set - Knife and Box ::tu:: 8) ...
____________________________________________________________________________
Lee

User avatar
galvanic1882
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Payson AZ
Contact:

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by galvanic1882 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:44 pm

LongBlade wrote:Nice Keith ::tu:: ::tu:: ... I have a similar “display” type box from H&B ... I’ll dig it out for photos soon..

Wayne - As Keith said amazing Bullet set - Knife and Box ::tu:: 8) ...
I agree! ::tu::

User avatar
LongBlade
Posts: 3396
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: Woods of CT

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by LongBlade » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Here's another of mine - Osgood Bray & Co from Boston... (Here's the link to my original post regarding Osgood Bray & Co (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=46309&hilit=osgood ... 6amp%3B+co for more detail)... In short the knives were most likely made by Burkinshaw in Pepperell MA - an equal end jack - very solid with worm groove bone and a 2 blade MOP pen knife... Again though I have done it before I would like to thank my good buddy Joe who gifted me the box a few years ago ::handshake:: ... I think this photo works ok and forgot I did this 4 or 5 months ago - it is sort of tricky to get the box and knives together in the photo and do them justice...
Knives & Box DSCN1627 - Version 2.JPG
____________________________________________________________________________
Lee

User avatar
galvanic1882
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Payson AZ
Contact:

Re: Knives & Boxes

Post by galvanic1882 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 pm

::tu:: ::tu:: Very nice, great box with those knives

Post Reply

Return to “Knife Lore”