Older Case Carson knife.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
jtmorse

Older Case Carson knife.

Post by jtmorse »

I have this old Case fixed blade with “Carson” stamped on it. I found a little info online but I would like to learn more about it. I’d also like to know if it’s worth anything and if anyone on here may be interested in it.
Attachments
35464EAC-F376-4452-85C7-55C480F04B56.jpeg
668A51F0-0261-4359-8D9B-59BBCC407B7C.jpeg
F66B98FD-3594-4ABA-907E-221BAB413AAF.jpeg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Older Case Carson knife.

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That’s a real gem, looks to be in great condition. ::tu:: Made for Case by Kinfolks. Here’s some info in an older thread. viewtopic.php?f=66&t=50984. You can do a search here for ”Carson” to find other threads about them.

You can access the search function on the upper left of this box, under Quick links.

These come up for sale occasionally on eBay. Here are a couple that have sold recently but probably in poorer condition than yours. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Ca ... 1&_fosrp=1. That should give you a reference point.

Welcome to AAPK. Someone here might be interested in it but to sell here you need to buy a premium subscription. Not expensive but that’s how the site is kept running. You can find more about a premium subscription by clicking on “Support AAPK” on the upper right of this page. ::handshake::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

There were a number of these Fixed Blades, some with the names of famous scouts on them. I think the list includes BOONE, CARSON, CENTO, SCOUT, EXPERT, AND X-PERT. As they were never chrome plated, they were probably made prior to 1934. Also, the original sheath was pretty interesting with the word's "Case's Sportsman" and a deer embossed on it. I have read that the pattern number was X361 with the "X" depending on the handle material.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Hello and welcoe to AAPK. Very nice older Case knife you have. I believe the knife is actually a 325-6 pattern with the 6 designating a 6" blade or a 325-5 if the blade is 5". Desireable knife for Case and fixed blade knife collectors and in great condition. As said the lack of chrome plating would put it in the 1934 or earlier time frame. Interesting sheath that looks to be original to the knife. The basketweave design on the front looks short so I believe they used the same design for a 5" sheath and 6" sheath.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

btrwtr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:14 pm Hello and welcome to AAPK. Very nice older Case knife you have. I believe the knife is actually a 325-6 pattern with the 6 designating a 6" blade or a 325-5 if the blade is 5". Desireable knife for Case and fixed blade knife collectors and in great condition. As said the lack of chrome plating would put it in the 1934 or earlier time frame. Interesting sheath that looks to be original to the knife. The basketweave design on the front looks short so I believe they used the same design for a 5" sheath and 6" sheath.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”