How Do You Organize Your Pin Stock?

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Doc B

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pin Stock?

Post by Doc B »

This isn't remotely as good as you guys...but I had an "ahh ha" moment, on my morning jog. I've just had my pin stock loose, in the Jantz cardboard box. I have had an old heat sealer and 2 inch nylon sterilization tubing...from my old practice. From the old days, when we would make our own sterilization bags...the nylon is somewhat resistant to puncture. I know this solution is not cost effective, or near as good as other solutions...but; I'm feeling pretty good about getting all these pieces sorted out, this morning. Maybe I've been in social isolation a bit too long ::shrug::
pinstock.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

As long as it works for you that’s all that matters!
I’ve switched over to plastic snap lid compartment trays like the ones used in fisherman’s tackle bags. Three or four trays will hold most of my pin stock in 10”- 12”lengths.
And of course I have a lot of the pre-peened pin stock available that I like to use whenever possible.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

After seeing what the other guys had, I made some storage from an old 2x4 and some 1/2" PVC pipe.
It took me a while to settle on which sizes I need to stock, so I need to make a new one with separate compartments for the metric sizes.
Attachments
257017C4-AD0F-4600-BA43-E3303214EBAF.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

My storage container looks a lot like yours Reverand. Only mine doesn't have the sizes written on the tubes. I probably need to be better organized but I just usually match sizes and move on. If I need a size in between 2 I have on hand, I take a larger size and thin it down to size.
:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Reverand wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 pm After seeing what the other guys had, I made some storage from an old 2x4 and some 1/2" PVC pipe.
It took me a while to settle on which sizes I need to stock, so I need to make a new one with separate compartments for the metric sizes.
If I ever get a real work space...where I don't have to carry my stuff out (and back in) to the porch...I'd like a set-up like that! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”