Rolox Rebuild...maybe...

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Logan

Rolox Rebuild...maybe...

Post by Logan »

Hello to all. Im new to the site, but i am amazed at the quality and knowledge of knives..!! I have read several post about rebuilding/restoring older knives, and it got me thinking i can do this!! Aaaand maybe i can but common sense tells me this is not the knife to start my stellar career in the knife world with... Me and the ole lady lost our place and most of our stuff including my small knife collection in Hurricane Harvey. Not long ago my neighbor was tilling up his garden and found my Benchmark Rolox. It was worse for wear so i took it apart to clean what i could. The scales were a complete loss and the blade is pitted...The wife says chunk it but I cant let Harvey win. Can someone point me in the right direction or offer tips on a restore?
Attachments
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1306.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rolox Rebuild...maybe...

Post by doglegg »

Logan I am not your man for tips. I am the guy that makes them need restoring. Be sure and keep us posted as you progress with this project. Thanks. ::nod::
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

First, I am very sorry for your losses due to Harvey. Second, I am sure you already know that a Bench Mark Rolox is a pretty unique knife. That said, I think you should do everything possible to make it a very prized part of your collection again. But I will pass on offering specific suggestions for refurbishing that blade to those who know more than I do.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
Jerm1982

Post by Jerm1982 »

I am looking to repair one as well but I cant find the right screws for the handle. Would you happen to know what size screw fits the knife handle? I lost one and cant find another. Thanks
Jerm1982

Post by Jerm1982 »

Is it a rolox Viper? I have one i could sell you for parts if interested. Email me jkrearick@gmail.com.

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”