5/64" Nickel Silver Rod Supplier?

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

5/64" Nickel Silver Rod Supplier?

Post by herbva »

Every once in a while I need some 5/64". Usually I just drill everything out to 3/32", but sometimes I don't want to risk it. I'm working on a vintage Case Tester whittler and everything appears to be 5/64". I don't want to risk widening the center of the hole in the spring and 1/16" seems to be too sloppy of a fit. I've checked all my usual sources and don't see any. Thanks and best regards all.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Doc B

Re: 5/64" Nickel Silver Rod Supplier?

Post by Doc B »

Jantz has it...2mm =.078inch = 5/64 inch
Be forewarned...Jantz has a $10 shipping fee. I usually save up and only place orders, when I need a fair amount. I always put a note, in their Order Remarks section...that I wish they had a more reasonable price, for smaller orders...I'd order more. Maybe if they hear that a lot...they will consider other mailing prices, for small orders.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Thanks Doc. I should have thought to look for the metric size. I can always think of more things to order from Janz to justify the shipping!
Best regards. Herb
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

herbva wrote:Thanks Doc. I should have thought to look for the metric size. I can always think of more things to order from Janz to justify the shipping!
Best regards. Herb
Hey herbva, I see you're local. You into the knife repair business? I'm in Alexandria and have a couple that need attention, let me know about your setup. Thanks and you can DM me too.

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”