Nail File Rehab...

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Doc B

Nail File Rehab...

Post by Doc B »

Never taking myself too seriously...I post this. I do think I've stumbled on a cheap and unique gift item...for the ladies in your life...

Mama came to me this morning, telling me she really liked this nail file a lot, because of the diamond grit in it. She had broken the handle and wanted to know if I could make something for it.
file.jpg
Had some blue camel bone. Pinned it with two pins through the tang. Thanks Dale...used the Super glue trick, for the first time...to hold the file in place, to scribe the area that I relieved, within the bone of one of the halves. I left it thicker...with Mama's arthritis, she was thrilled to have a bigger handle to hold on to. For $5, you can get a diamond file off of Amazon. A few ladies, in the family may be getting variations of this. I think some jigged bone and knife-like, elongated versions may be interesting. Feel free to take the idea and run with it...for the ladies in your life :)
file2.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Nail File Rehab...

Post by orvet »

That looks good Doc, and it's a great idea! ::tu::
I may have to make some of those myself for gifts. ::nod::

I used camel bone to replace the handle on a spoon that was very important to my wife, it was a serving spoon that had belonged to her mother.
It's amazing what you can do with a little camel bone and an idea or two. :D
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Meridian_Mike

Re: Nail File Rehab...

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Man, that sure is a great idea!
I can see how the large handle can help make the file easier to use.
There might be a rash of these nice files start showing up. I might have to make a couple myself.

Good job Doc!
::tu:: ::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”