Schrade Walden 204 - Heavily Modified

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Schrade Walden 204 - Heavily Modified

Post by Colonel26 »

I like it! But then again I’m a sucker for a sheepsfoot blade.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Nice work Jeff, it's a bit tricky to do sometimes but it looks like he did a great job! ::tu:: ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Great job! The Electrician is my favorite heavy work knife (and an EDC--keep it simple stupid!), and a sheepsfoot blade is even better suited than the spear.

In my opinion, the 204 is the best electrician knife one can buy at a cheap price. The Bear and Kleins aren't that good. Camillus are just fine, but Delrin. With the 204 you get cocobolo handles and a nice bowtie shield (which I guess would, have originally, been used to stamp "TL-29").

I've got a few that need some work done. Two Boker electrician's knives which are like new, aside from some dunce who tried to modify the screwdrivers to fit a Phillips screw, and failed, miserably. Both blades appear to still have their factory edges, and one even still has its etch. Thinking about ditching the screwdrivers entirely on those, since the position of the nail nick (right at the tip) prevents them from being modded to a Wharncliffe profile. I've got a Camillus that had, apparently, been in some chemical which badly ate at the back handle. And my old Kutmaster Barlow with shrunken plastic handles of unknown composition (I think the knife, for sure, is new enough to be Delrin). And handles, I keep saying bone, but there's some nice Kirinite being made these days.

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”