Repair needed

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
tennbidder

Repair needed

Post by tennbidder »

I am new here so please refer me to another thread if this is not the correct one :)

Could anyone recommend someone who could properly repair a vintage pocket knife?

I need to have a blade replaced. I found a similar Primble that could be cannibalized for the replacement blade.

THANKS in advance

Greg in Virginia
Attachments
20210509_144919.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Repair needed

Post by Mumbleypeg »

There are several here who repair knives for a fee, and whose work is of excellent quality. Look through this forum and find some whose work you like and send them a PM or email, with pictures of the knives and a description of what you want done. In my experience if you wait for someone to solicit your business you’ll have a long wait.

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

What Ken said T.B., and ::welcome:: to AAPK! 8)
8)
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Is there an unseen problem with the donor knife? It looks as good or better than your repair knife. Another thing is the replacement blade has to be more or less exact. The blade thickness, kick, spring recess, pin hole, and length must be a very close match or it will not work as desired. Similar many times won't work.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I was thinking the same. The donor knife looks better.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I hope these folks who post here wanting a repair understand that there are many competent knife mechanics here on AAPK. I could recommend several including some who’ve done work for me but if I did, I’d be leaving out several others equally good.

We get so many similar requests, I’m wondering if AAPK could make a “sticky” list of mechanics who would like to offer their services. Similar to the eBay sellers sticky. Strictly voluntary - if you want to be listed post your name (at least AAPK handle), and website or email if you wish. When a request like the OP comes up, they could be referred to that sticky post. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I would suppose the knife with the broken blade that tennbidder posted has some special meaning to him. I've got a few like that. ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Knifenut4447
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knifenut4447 »

You might contact Glen Brooks www.GlenBrooksKnives.com

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”