Marking a paracord lanyard

This forum is for posting step by step techniques used in the art of making, customizing, and repairing knives. Please stop by and teach a few things or maybe learn something new from the talented members of AAPK.
chetr1200c

Re: Marking a paracord lanyard

Post by chetr1200c »

that first knife you see in the tutorial is a normark big swede. i dont see that knife too often..i have had one of those in my fishing tackle box for nearly 40 yrs now..works like new still,, but doesnt look new, alas,,,, great lanyards and also love those custom sheaths,,,,,,,chet
OldGoat

Post by OldGoat »

Absentheur,

I was wanting to make several lanyards for my knives so I read up on your excellent tutorial as to "how to" because I couldn't remember braiding from the old Cub Scout days. However, I did happen to recall that way back then I made some fishing lures for my grandfather.

I knew that he painted his lures to make them more visible in the murky water of Striker Lake so I thought I was "on track" with my designs. Papa actually used them, simply because I made them, but I cannot recall if he was successful in getting any bass with them.

At any rate, I dug them out in order to post a picture of them for your (and others) amusement.

Laugh Away!!
Attachments
lures.JPG
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

As a bass fisherman I must say, those look to have some possibilities! ::tu::
The top two designs especially. Though I have had a lot of luck with yellow/purple combination in the past.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Chief RID

Post by Chief RID »

Absintheur

I have made 3 very nice knife lanyards, per you instructions. Thanks.
eveled

Post by eveled »

Awesome tutorial! With great pictures. To take it to the next level:

When you reach the end, tuck each end of the cord back into the knot and come out of the middle. Work your way around to the right with all four ends. It makes a Turks head and makes the ends hang straight instead of out the sides.
Attachments
IMG_20171125_222003297.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for adding this last bit.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Tutorials”