Buyer Beware BuckShot Cleaver Blade

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Buyer Beware BuckShot Cleaver Blade

Post by TripleF »

I bought one for you all.....failed today for the second time.

First....the thumb stud is for decoration only. It DOES NOT open using your thumb nail.
Second....the frame lock wouldn't lock today. Nope. Been doing so for the past few weeks, but not today.

Love the blade, but it's not going to see anything but the bottom of the garbage from here on out...

Paid $13.95 shipped if I remember correctly. I do love that big cleaver style blade...will have to try another manufacturer!!
Attachments
IMG_4108 (1).JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Buyer Beware BuckShot Cleaver Blade

Post by doglegg »

Sorry for your experience Scott. Sometimes a $14 dollar turns out to be a $14 dollar knife. I guess Rough Rider (or Ryder) has spoiled us. :(
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

".the frame lock wouldn't lock today. Nope. Been doing so for the past few weeks, but not today. "
Scott does the frame lock not move over to be under blade tang when you open the blade ? Very odd to stop functioning as it is such a simple system.
Can you take a picture that shows in what way it is not working ?
I would like to understand this because presumably the same thing could happen with any brand. I have quite a few sub $20 China knives with frame locks like SanRenMu, Land, Ganzo, etc. I have used a $10 SRM 710 with frame lock since 2008 and it still works perfectly.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Scott. Ganzo F755. Thumbstud works fine. Very smooth opening and closing. Locks up tight with the "Benchmade Axis" type blade lock. $18.88 shipped by FastTech ---► https://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10029427/9628383
Attachments
Ganzo Firebird F7551-OR - Labeled.JPG
Specs.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

kootenay joe wrote:".the frame lock wouldn't lock today. Nope. Been doing so for the past few weeks, but not today. "
Scott does the frame lock not move over to be under blade tang when you open the blade ? Very odd to stop functioning as it is such a simple system.
Can you take a picture that shows in what way it is not working ?
I would like to understand this because presumably the same thing could happen with any brand. I have quite a few sub $20 China knives with frame locks like SanRenMu, Land, Ganzo, etc. I have used a $10 SRM 710 with frame lock since 2008 and it still works perfectly.
kj

Sorry...didn't know you replied.
Knife is in the garbage already.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Chinese locks are hit or miss. Most of my linerlock Frosts failed, and I threw them in the garbage. Yet I have a Purdy folding painter's tool I bought for $10 from our local Sherwin Williams, and I've used that sucker hard. I've even hammered on it (hitting it's hammer portion with a mallet) to remove trim, and the lock hasn't failed. With me, I'm a bit skeptical with Chinese made knives; though I feel China is really getting better at cutlery. I only stick to Chinese knives I know that are good; mostly Rough Rider, Kershaw, Gerber, and CRKT; though I have been looking at getting a Ganzo or a Sanremu.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”