Exclusive Knife Release Coming Soon.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Exclusive Knife Release Coming Soon.

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I have been keeping this quiet for months now, but it’s finally here, almost. I paid for the knives today and hopefully they will be here next week.
I have been collaborating with Moki to develop my own line of knives. I submitted a couple of models to Master Sakurai and he is putting them on the CAD to work out all the fine points. Those knives aren’t ready yet. But in the mean time here is what is coming next week: Both models of the Moki Kronos with exclusive Lapis blue Aberdeen jigged bone handles. Attached are the pictures I received this morning from Jemmy at JKD. Only 50 of each size. I don’t have final prices yet, but will post that here when I get it. Hope this goes well. I will have these in my store, on Ebay and will post in the “for sale or trade” thread until they are all sold. Thanks all.
I will take my own photo’s when they get here, but these aren’t too bad.

I edited the OP for the correct color and jigging.
Attachments
20200928165020_IMG_3607.jpeg
20200928165053_IMG_3608.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Re: Exclusive Knife Release Coming Soon.

Post by cudgee »

Good luck with your venture, i have nothing but respect for someone who is prepared to have a go and try something new. You will have no trouble selling these, i can assure you. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Derek, I hope my designs are half as nice as the Moki Kronos models. They are even talking with me about using my designs to make new models available through Moki for wider distribution. Hope it comes together. Could be many months before I see that develop. It is exciting. Never thought that in less than 2 years after retirement I would be doing this, just blessed beyond measure.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very exciting Ssk. Best of luck in your venture. ::nod:: ::handshake::
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Excellent choice of model and maker. Beautiful knives. I would be surprised if they didn't sell out quite fast. ::tu::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Well done Mark, looking forward to them.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I'm very excited for you Mark, I hope it all comes together even better than you imagined. Good Luck.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Oh boy! Those look great! I'm carrying a blue jigged bone knife right now because blue is my favorite color.

Congratulations Mark. Those are really nice!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

That's something great to hear! Best wishes for your adventure. I have no doubt it'll go very well.
geocash
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Hey Mark ,hoping and praying this works for you. And to do it after retiring, that’s way cool and has even got the fire lit again on some things I’ve put off. Like Railsplitter said, Blue is a awesome color. Please let us know when ready and some dimensions of the knives available.
JP
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

What are the sizes, and do you have a ballpark price or is it too early in the process for a price?

I want to save a couple $$ as I love the pattern!

Congratulations on your new venture!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Very nice. Nokia makes a super nice knife and the Kronos is a great pattern. I have the large Kronos and carry it often. Will your SFO have the same VG10 blade?
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Here are the specs. The smaller Kronos model is model number 533-ANZ, The blade is made of VG-10 stainless, stainless bolsters and liners. The closed OAL is 3 5/8”, blade length is 2 3/4”. Blade thickness is 2.5mm. HRC is 60. Weight is 62g

The larger Kronos model is 433-ANZ. The blade is made of VG-10 stainless steel, HRC 60 with stainless bolsters and liners. The closed OAL is 4”, blade length is 3.15”. Blade thickness is 2.8mm and the weight is 85g.

Prices, I am still not certain. It has to go through customs and not sure what those charges will be yet. I was informed that Moki has raised their prices recently and the two Kronos models have increased in price to 232 and 259 with JKD’s price being 213 for the smaller one and 233 for the larger one.
I think mine came in before the price increase and I am hoping to get them out for under 200, but not sure yet.

I had the jigging wrong in my OP, I will edit that. The color is Lapis Blue, Aberdeen jigged bone. The Shetland was the green I originally tried to get.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mark, I've long understood that you are a man of good taste. Now I have learned you also possess uncommon courage. To enter into a new business venture when the world is awash with pandemics, social and political upheavals, and nervous economies takes nothing less than courage.
I join with many others in wishing you great success.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you Garry, that means a lot. You guys have been great and a source of encouragement. I’ve learned a lot in my short time here on the forum. I can honestly say I look forward to checking in here many times everyday. This is a great community to be a part of.
Garry your kindness and encouraging words have meant a lot to me, thank you.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

There will be Moki boxes and sheaths for these knives as well. Delivery date is scheduled for Monday if all goes well and I will take pictures of the knife, sheath and box to post here and in my store.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Very cool ! Hope you sell a ton of them Mark ::handshake::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I'm standing on one foot and then the other, anxious to support such a great endeavor.
Joe
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Knives came in today instead of next Monday, so I hope to get the listing up this weekend. So far the handles are very consistent from one to another. Any that are lighter in appearance than the others will be photographed separately and listed separately. So far in the 20 that I have looked at only 1 was lighter than the others. They look amazing, I think anyone that orders one will be very pleased.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

So here are the Moki Kronos models in Lapis Blue Aberdeen jigged bone.
Attachments
IMG_4246.jpeg
IMG_4253.jpeg
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

That is a beautiful knife! ::tu::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I have added one of the larger Kronos models and one of the smaller ones that have just a slightly lighter coloring. There was only 1 out of 50 that was lighter on the smaller one and only 3 out of 50 that were lighter on the larger models. Culpepper’s did an amazing job on this bone with it’s consistency.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Mark those are very stunning knives! I wish you well in tour venture! I’m sure you’ll have no problem selling those.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Knife Discussion”