Help with Laco Germany pocket knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Teryjaki

Help with Laco Germany pocket knife

Post by Teryjaki »

I could use some input on this recent find. Nothing I found on it in Goins. Bone scales. Tangs all marked Germany and the clip blade marked LACO 273. “Hammer Forged” is faintly etched. Closed length 3.25” . I suspect the “Germany” export stamp places it 1919-1940 or 1946-1952. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
0209EC95-4DF6-40CA-AFCE-6CDECDA1CC52.jpeg
17FF3063-CF93-4F3F-8C9C-635D9D2A524A.jpeg
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with Laco Germany pocket knife

Post by Ridgegrass »

Levine lists a L.A.Co. Germany, c.1952. Nothing further Good Luck. Nice piece. J.O'.
just bob

Post by just bob »

If you search eBay for Laco over a hundred watches will come up. You can see on Google that Laco began watch production in 1925 and made many watches during the war years. Doesn't it seem very strange that a cutlery company would begin operation in Germany and use the name Laco when the watch company was already booming? Kind of like an American cutlery company starting production and using the name Timex. Only a guess on my part with no information at all to back it up, but these may be contract knives made by Olbertz or other cutlery companies for Laco with their brand name on them? Maybe a watch / knife combo in some cases.

High quality knives as well as inexpensive ones.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -127313896

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325509702090?h ... 7675.l2557
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Teryjaki

Post by Teryjaki »

I did Google search and I also got LACO Uhren watches but didn’t draw a connection between the knives and the watches. I just presumed they were different companies. I’ll dig a little deeper to see if LACO Uhren diversified into other products. Thanks for the lead.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”