I got these Bulldog Brand knives, one is 50cm long

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Fin knife

I got these Bulldog Brand knives, one is 50cm long

Post by Fin knife »

I got these two bulldog brand folding knives but do not know much about them. The first one is this huge almost 50 cm long 3 blade knife.
Anybody know what´s the story behind this. What is the type/product name. When these might have been made and how many has been made?

The other one is smaller. This is 4 blade millennium knife. It has marking 1/50... I guess this is first of the 50 knives made or how this should be understood?

Any idea what might the value of these knifes be in good condition.
Large knife
Large knife
Millenium knife
Millenium knife
I would highly appreciate somebody help in this matter.

Many thanks,
Anssi
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: I got these Bulldog Brand knives, one is 50cm long

Post by Paladin »

Anssi,
I don't know much about Bulldog brand knives but it is a collectible knife here in the USA. The clip blade on the big knife may have been buffed as I see no tang stamp. It is a brand started by Charlie Dorton and was bought out by Jim Parker. I believe it is still owned by his son Buzz Parker.
::welcome:: to the friendly forum and please tell us more about yourself and where you are located.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK! Member Quick Steel may be able to provide some information about your knives.

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I have never seen a Bulldog Knife like the one on top. Is it actually stamped Bulldog? The lower knife I believe is a Fight’n Rooster Knife. Made in 2000 of course.
Hope this helps a little.

Tom
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

olderdogs1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:47 pm I have never seen a Bulldog Knife like the one on top. Is it actually stamped Bulldog? The lower knife I believe is a Fight’n Rooster Knife. Made in 2000 of course. As far as the 1 of 50. That simply means that only 50 were produced.
Hope this helps a little.

Tom
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

50 cm is almost 20 inches! Really? What am I missing?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

tallguy606 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:10 pm 50 cm is almost 20 inches! Really? What am I missing?
It's for display to advertise the knife, TG606.
I have 2 Timber Wolf folders that measure 18" open, and those are strictly conversation pieces or novelty knives.
Rest assured you're not missing anything, after playing with mine for about a day both have hung on the wall ever since! ::facepalm::
8)
8)
Fin knife

Post by Fin knife »

Thanks for everybody.

I was asked about tell me about myself so here it goes. So I am from Finland been around knives most of my life. My collection started when I was 7 years old and got my great grandfathers knife. I use knifes in hunting, fishing etc., knife is still a daily tool for many people. I collect, deal, fix knives as a hoppy and been a member of Finnish knife association many years. It would be great to have skills to make knives but unfortunately I am lacking those.
Mainly collect old Finnish fixed blade knives but I have also some foreign once. I have for instance US made knives from Tom Black, Ed Harrison and Randy Lee who all are excellent knife smiths, unfortunately Ed Harrison passed away few years ago. I also got some folding knives but as we do not manufacture them in big scale in Finland or rest of the Scandinavia that has not played a big role in my collection. But underneath you see one of the Marttiini folding knives I have.
mt2.jpg
mt2.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Bulldog Brand knife. Thanks for your input. If you still have more info I would be great to know more. What I know is that this knife has been on sale on store some 15-20 years ago and that time the price has been Eur 699,- (Euro and USD are almost the same), but that is all I know. Actually I have two these knives. All the blades have the correct markings, I assume. So any info would be appreciated. I have seen stores selling large main brand folding knives like this one asking USD 800 -1000 but no Bulldog ones.
bb1.jpg
bb1.jpg (55.46 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Fight´n Rooster. Thanks for correct me with this one. Any comment on the numbering 1/50?

Many thanks to all of you.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Welcome and thanks for sharing. ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK, Anssi! ::handshake::
Those are nice knives you showed us, but I'm a bit partial to the Martinni. I have a couple in my collection and they are very well made knives.
Glad you've joined us, and enjoy yourself here!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Fin knife wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:45 pm I got these two bulldog brand folding knives but do not know much about them. The first one is this huge almost 50 cm long 3 blade knife.
Anssi
Anssi, welcome aboard. ::welcome:: I am glad to see you here! I collect knives, axes and tools from Scandinavia and Finland so I hope you might post some of your local handmade knives and factory made Finish knives. ::nod::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Fin knife

Post by Fin knife »

Hello again,
GSPTOPDOG asked two show some pics what I have so here is something.
I have tem in four chategory. 1. The older finnish knives which I collect. Here is some. They are all older the 1940s except one which is 1950s and few of them made in 19th century. 2. Trench art knives from the wars we had against soviet union. I only have these four exceptionally nice knives at the moment. 3. Some Marttiini knives, the most common collectable knife brand in Finland. Marttiini is the biggest knife manufaturer in Finland. 4. I also added some products of Knife Smith Heimo ROselli as GSPTOPDOG MENTIONE also axes so I have also one ax made by Heimo´s company.
If you want to get more ifno of some of the knifes let me know.
Some older knives
Some older knives
Trench art knives
Trench art knives
Marttiini
Marttiini
Heimo Roselli
Heimo Roselli
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Finknife, you have a splendid collection of Nordic knives. Thanks for showing these.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Great collection.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

I really like those knives!
rustyoldknife
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by rustyoldknife »

Fin knife wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:02 pm Hello again,
GSPTOPDOG asked two show some pics what I have so here is something.
I have tem in four chategory. 1. The older finnish knives which I collect. Here is some. They are all older the 1940s except one which is 1950s and few of them made in 19th century. 2. Trench art knives from the wars we had against soviet union. I only have these four exceptionally nice knives at the moment. 3. Some Marttiini knives, the most common collectable knife brand in Finland. Marttiini is the biggest knife manufaturer in Finland. 4. I also added some products of Knife Smith Heimo ROselli as GSPTOPDOG MENTIONE also axes so I have also one ax made by Heimo´s company.
If you want to get more ifno of some of the knifes let me know.

20230609_175811.jpg

20230609_175927.jpg20230609_182343.jpg20230609_181654.jpg
Great looking collection ::tu:: ::tu::
David
Fin knife

Post by Fin knife »

Hi,
Here is some pics of the pocket knifes I have. I got some new additions recently. Here are pockets knives from Germany, Sweden, South-Africa, France, Usa and FInland. Most of them are "industrially" made but there are also 6 custom made knives. There are Bulldog Barnd, Fightn Rooster, Böker, Carl Schliper, Laguiole, Kniv Bolaget Eskilstuna, Kershaw Marttiini. The custom made knives are made by Lombard, Jan Olivier and Patricks who is from USA. As far I know Patricks is from California and that he also has made fixed blade knives but that is all that i know, so if any of you would have more info the share with me about him that would be much appreciated.

All the knives are unused except the two 100 years old Swedish knives.

If you would want to more info of any of the knives let me know and let me know if Patricks is known knife smith to you. Also most of these knives are available for purchase.

Have a nice summer!

20230723_102416 (2).jpg

Custom made knives
Custom made knives
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

WOW. Beautiful knives.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

::welcome:: to AAPK. That is quite the collection you have there! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Beautiful group of folders, Anssi! ::tu::
Thanks for sharing them with us! ::handshake::
8)
8)

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”