PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
Vader442
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm

PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Vader442 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 am

Having a hard time identifying this little folder lol. Any professional expertise would be much appreciated.
Attachments
1547292320013-1477709152.jpg
1547292389155622709980.jpg

Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Doc B » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Your Pat number, for your search is off, by one number. The next-to-last number is an 8 (not 6).
Certainly is an Imperial knife, out of Providence Rhode Island. Not sure if the etch is for advertising, or to the type of knife. Not generally high dollar knifes. Can't give you a lot more info...cause I'm definitely not an expert. Will be good to slip in to your pocket and open a cold one...at your next party. ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

just bob
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby just bob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Go to ebay and type trick knife in the search box and see if a lot of these don't come up.
You can never bet too much money on the winning horse.

Men make plans and God laughs

Oftentimes it is better to remain silent on a certain subject and appear ignorant than it is to speak and remove all doubt. A. Lincoln

Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Doc B » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 pm

just bob wrote:Go to ebay and type trick knife in the search box and see if a lot of these don't come up.


Ahh...good call....
And now that I look at it...don't know if that will open your cold one very efficiently ::dang::
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ENARDO ... :rk:2:pf:0
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Vader442
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Vader442 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Doc B wrote:Your Pat number, for your search is off, by one number. The next-to-last number is an 8 (not 6).
Certainly is an Imperial knife, out of Providence Rhode Island. Not sure if the etch is for advertising, or to the type of knife. Not generally high dollar knifes. Can't give you a lot more info...cause I'm definitely not an expert. Will be good to slip in to your pocket and open a cold one...at your next party. ::tu::



My eyes must be going.

User avatar
edgy46
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:40 am
Location: S. W. Ohio

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby edgy46 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Vader442 wrote:
Doc B wrote:Your Pat number, for your search is off, by one number. The next-to-last number is an 8 ( Will be good to slip in to your pocket and open a cold one...at your next party. ::tu::



My eyes must be going.


The hook on the blade is the catch. It is backwards from a bottle opener. I cannot pass up a nice one.
Bill

Vader442
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Vader442 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm

I actually got it in a lot of older knives but it's quickly becoming a favorite. The small case is missing the other scale unfortunately. Can't hardly find anything about the G96 either, it's a model 970.
Attachments
1547316602817-1320870937.jpg

User avatar
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 am
Location: So. Central California.

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby Old Folder » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 pm

edgy46 wrote:
Vader442 wrote:
Doc B wrote:Your Pat number, for your search is off, by one number. The next-to-last number is an 8 ( Will be good to slip in to your pocket and open a cold one...at your next party. ::tu::



My eyes must be going.


The hook on the blade is the catch. It is backwards from a bottle opener. I cannot pass up a nice one.



Welcome to AAPK Vader442. ::nod::

Actually you have two (2) separate Pat numbers on your neat little cap-lifter trick knife.
(1) 2,170,537 C-1940
(2) 2,281,782 C-1942
I have attached a "Patent Number Refrence []" (Reference) below for your future use. I refer to it often.

IMG_0004.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: PAT NOS 21705372281762?

Postby doglegg » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:55 pm

I think the G96 is a knife made in Japan. Jet Aer was the company name. Seemed to copy Buck fixed blades. Quality knives. That is if memory serves me correctly.


Return to “Knife Related Q&A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FRJ, knifeaholic, Majestic-12 [Bot], peanut740, rustyoldknife and 39 guests