Keen Kutter

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
CarlM

Post by CarlM »

I cheated..I took the pic through a microscope. :D
sunburst wrote:Hey Carl how in the heck did you get that impressive closeup of your tang...Wow!!!

Sunburst
:D
Carl
knife-nut

keen kutter

Post by knife-nut »

Just how do you go about taking a picture thru a microscope? Do you need a special threaded adapter or what? Mark.
CarlM

Re: keen kutter

Post by CarlM »

I use this Samsung camera. I place the lens on the left eyepiece of the microscope, focus and snap.

Here's a closeup of a Case emblem.
knife-nut wrote:Just how do you go about taking a picture thru a microscope? Do you need a special threaded adapter or what? Mark.
Carl
Mark62

Re: Keen Kutter

Post by Mark62 »

I am new to collecting knives and have a lot to learn.I recently purchased a Keen Kutter knife from an antique store. Mine is not nearly as nice as the one in the pictures.The one I purchased has a "79" on the other side of the blade does this mean anything?
IMG_5552.JPG
IMG_E5550.JPG
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

::welcome:: to AAPK.
If you look closer at your knife, there is a faint 3 after the 79. That is the pattern number (793), which is the same as the OP knife from back in 2006. The information that knifeaholic gave back on page 1 also applies to your knife. It was made for Shapleigh, most likely by Camillus, between July 1940 and 1960.
Dan
Mark62

Post by Mark62 »

danno50 wrote:::welcome:: to AAPK.
If you look closer at your knife, there is a faint 3 after the 79. That is the pattern number (793), which is the same as the OP knife from back in 2006. The information that knifeaholic gave back on page 1 also applies to your knife. It was made for Shapleigh, most likely by Camillus, between July 1940 and 1960.
Thanks

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”