What's So Special About The Napanoch Knife Co.?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Elvis

What's So Special About The Napanoch Knife Co.?

Post by Elvis »

Forgive my ignorance, but it just isn't a name I heard until I got here. As long as the knife is genuine, I seem to hear only good things about their knives, but are they really all that special? I'm not able to find much on them, and I have a couple of "Hardware Brands" that Napanoch made that will eventually be going up for sale. But are they rare or just real old or is the quality of them a cut above the competition of the day. I know someone here knows and a bit of discussion seems like the best way to get folks talking, so clue me in folks. Did I do good by stumbling on a couple or was it no big deal?
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What's So Special About The Napanoch Knife Co.?

Post by knifeaholic »

Bob;

Napanoch was a high quality brand and only in business for a short time. But then both of those traits apply to a lot of other early knife manufacturers.

I think that the main reason that Napanoch became a "prestige" brand is that when Winchester got into the pocketknife business, they bought Napanoch to get the skills and equipment necessary to make knives. So that "Winchester" connection gave a lot of mystique to the Napanoch brand among collectors.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I have a friend that owns an absolutely mint (at least it was the last time I saw it) Napanoch coke bottle 5" folding hunter, the predecessor of the Winchester 1920. It is, without doubt, one of the finest vintage American made pocketknives I have ever seen.
Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

That explains a lot. Thanks guys! I've already received PM's about the knives I mentioned, but since I have a partner in this collection they are all going on ebay. If you check my post under "Advertisements" and follow the link to my auctions, I'll be sure to mention the knives that came from Napanoch in the descriptions of those knives. Thanks again for the help!
Grumpystumps

Post by Grumpystumps »

I absolutely love my Napanoch pearl . Blade file and scissors.
Attachments
20210608_155114.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. You shouldn’t tease like that - show us the rest of it! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote "If you check my post under "Advertisements" and follow the link to my auctions"
Where do i find "Advertisements" ?
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:02 am Quote "If you check my post under "Advertisements" and follow the link to my auctions"
Where do i find "Advertisements" ?
kj
You're asking about a nine year old post. Just FYI

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”