case 2 or 3 springs on a 6347

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: case 2 or 3 springs on a 6347

Post by Mumbleypeg »

RancherinAz wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:22 am
I just got a 6347 with 3 springs . It's a 2019 . I don't like the gritty action it has . Springs against springs . No I don't like it .
Welcome to AAPK. Have you tried flushing the knife out with oil or solvent? A lot of new knives have grinding and hafting compound “dust” from the factory in them, which can cause the gritty feel you describe. Flushing with some solvent, or even water (be sure to blow out all the water and dry it thoroughly, then apply a drop of oil into each joint afterward) will remove the residual dust. I’ve found this true regardless what company made the knife.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

It's starting to smooth out .
Thanks !
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:13 pm
RancherinAz wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:22 am
I just got a 6347 with 3 springs . It's a 2019 . I don't like the gritty action it has . Springs against springs . No I don't like it .
Welcome to AAPK. Have you tried flushing the knife out with oil or solvent? A lot of new knives have grinding and hafting compound “dust” from the factory in them, which can cause the gritty feel you describe. Flushing with some solvent, or even water (be sure to blow out all the water and dry it thoroughly, then apply a drop of oil into each joint afterward) will remove the residual dust. I’ve found this true regardless what company made the knife.

Ken
Yep . Flushed it out good with 3in1 oil . Worked things back and forth a bit on a couple occasions , and it's good to go now .
I'm a happy camper .
Thanks

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”