Case South Carolina Sodbuster series

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Casebuster

Case South Carolina Sodbuster series

Post by Casebuster »

As I understand, in 1976 Case released a series of Case Sodbuster knifes for the counties of South Carolina. There are 46 counties in South Carolina. My question is did Case provide a knife for EACH county? This was a J.C.Penney store special. Thanks Much
JD Tractors
Case & Randall knives
9ball

Post by 9ball »

Hi :D ,

Yes, they were put out by Penney's. But, my book says 56 different big etched Sodbusters. Could be a typo :?
I have never seen them yet, so until I do I really cannot say or know what is on them.

Hope this helps a little.

9ball :)
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

according to j. bruce voyles case/jcpenney produced the 2138ss for the following counties orangeburg, oconee, chester, abbeville, barnwell, richland, pickens, greenwood, bamberg, beaufort, edgefield, saluda, newberry, anderson, laurens, 200 each for a total of 3000 pieces. $30 in 1995.

hope this helps
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
Casebuster

Post by Casebuster »

9ball, Thanks for your quick reply. :D What book are you referencing? The S.C. sodbuster is the normal large sodbuster with some "etching" on the reverse side of the blade referencing each county, as far as I have been able to find out as of now. Thanks again.
JD Tractors
Case & Randall knives
Casebuster

Post by Casebuster »

Johnnie F. Yes thank You. Very good data. !6 to find and acquire is a lot better than 46. :lol: I have a few so i'll just keep on lookin. Thanks Much. :D
JD Tractors
Case & Randall knives
9ball

Post by 9ball »

I found them in the new "Pocket Knife Trader's Price Guide #8, page 345 right at the top. They have them priced at $2000, I am sure that is for the complete set. Noticed it yesterday when I was looking for another.

Good luck in your quest.

My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.
wbrj01

Re:

Post by wbrj01 »

9ball wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:55 pm Hi :D ,

Yes, they were put out by Penney's. But, my book says 56 different big etched Sodbusters. Could be a typo :?
I have never seen them yet, so until I do I really cannot say or know what is on them.

Hope this helps a little.

I have quite a few of these knives..Been trying too put a full set together for years
wbrj01

Re: Case South Carolina Sodbuster series

Post by wbrj01 »

Casebuster wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:34 pm As I understand, in 1976 Case released a series of Case Sodbuster knifes for the counties of South Carolina. There are 46 counties in South Carolina. My question is did Case provide a knife for EACH county? This was a J.C.Penney store special. Thanks Much
I HAVE QUITE A FEW OF THESE SODBUSTERS..BEEN TRYING TOO PUT TOGETHER A SET FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS..I ALSO HAVE THEM WITH BATTLES ON THE BACKSIDE..
wbrj01

Post by wbrj01 »

Casebuster wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:34 pm As I understand, in 1976 Case released a series of Case Sodbuster knifes for the counties of South Carolina. There are 46 counties in South Carolina. My question is did Case provide a knife for EACH county? This was a J.C.Penney store special. Thanks Much
They are out there but very hard too come by..I have quite a few of the different countys and some with civil war battles on them as well..
wbrj01

Re:

Post by wbrj01 »

jonet143 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:02 pm according to j. bruce voyles case/jcpenney produced the 2138ss for the following counties orangeburg, oconee, chester, abbeville, barnwell, richland, pickens, greenwood, bamberg, beaufort, edgefield, saluda, newberry, anderson, laurens, 200 each for a total of 3000 pieces. $30 in 1995.

hope this helps
I have knives with Dillon + Florence county's as well..
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Re:

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

wbrj01 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:29 pm I.....
You do realize that you're responding to a post
that's almost 14 years old.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

wbrj01, ::welcome:: to AAPK. How about some pictures?
Dan
jwwood

Post by jwwood »

Does anyone know if there was a Spartanburg county? jwwood

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”