VOOS KNIVES

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
casejene

VOOS KNIVES

Post by casejene »

WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT VOOS (ARROW) KNIVES?
I HAVE A BAREHEAD VOOS ARROW SWELL END JACK LISTED. IT'S VERY OLD, BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT.
IT MAY BE FROM THE 1930'S. I'VE HAD IT FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
XX Case XX

Re: VOOS KNIVES

Post by XX Case XX »

Voos USA c.1919-1981. "An arrow through the name. A trademark used by New Haven Hardware Specialty Company".

FYI: Ernest Voos c 1879-1919. Ernest Voos was an immigrant from Germany. He opened a shop in New Haven, Connecticut making scissors, shears, knives, and razors. They eventually grew to be quite an enterprise, becoming the New Haven Hardware Specialty Company in 1919.

Also: Voos Stainless c 1924-1981. This marking was the trademark of the New Haven Hardware Specialty Company, 161-165 Porter Street, New Haven Connecticut. They were originated in 1879 when Ernest Voos opened a shop in New Haven and began making pocket knives.

The New Haven Hardware Company was incorporated in 1919 and took over Voos' business. On November 5, 1925, they suffered a $12,000 loss when a fire broke out in their plant. They were well insured and continued business as usual.

(All information from Goins).

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

If you could post a picture of your knife, casejene, that would be very helpful and enjoyable to see.

Here is a Voos hawkbill I have. 3 15/16" closed. Steel liners, pins, and bolsters.
A strong and well made knife.
Attachments
DSCN2468.JPG
DSCN2470.JPG
DSCN2473.JPG
Joe
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

FRJ wrote:If you could post a picture of your knife, casejene, that would be very helpful and enjoyable to see.
I'm fairly certain this is it.https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... order=DESC

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”