George Wostenholm Sheffield Sailor Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
KleenCut61

George Wostenholm Sheffield Sailor Knife

Post by KleenCut61 »

Picked this Really nice Sailor Knife Off E-Bay For like $ 25 .oo . Looks to Me Like It Is Military , Merchant Marines , or Silent Service ::shrug:: , Its Just So Out of The Norm For this Type Knife I Have to think it was special Purpose , 4 3/8 Closed , spike is over 3/8 th in diameter ,3 1/2 long , 3 inch blade from tang to tip . 2 5/8 in length one serious looking can opener , Scales are rubbery Plastic ::shrug:: perhaps some knowledgable gents can give me something to go on with it , I have little or no knowledge of George / or The Military Aspect of Knife Collecting .. Thank You K.C.
Attachments
IMG_0249 (2).JPG
kootenay joe

Re: George Wostenholm Sheffield Sailor Knife

Post by kootenay joe »

If military there should be a 'broad arrow' stamped into the spike. These knives with the 'tin opener' & marlin spike with hard rubber textured handles have been made by numerous British manufacturers and are fairly commonly seen. However most have been used and yours looks to be in top condition.
'Should' be worth more than $25 but very few people want them. Kind of heavy for an EDC but would be as close to indestructible as any folding knife can be.
kj
KleenCut61

Re: George Wostenholm Sheffield Sailor Knife

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thank You Kj . I was surprised on the condition compared to the seller pics Werent the Best But I Also got 2 schrade wire Knives in the Deals so I was happy. Thing snaps like a bear to , I ll add it to me tackle box ::tu:: K.C. p.s. No Markings = Non Military ::huff::

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”