Trying to identify stamp "3CH"

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Leolife2005

Trying to identify stamp "3CH"

Post by Leolife2005 »

Hello everyone - I'm having a difficult time trying to Google the heck out of stamps on this folding knife I purchased at a gunshow this past weekend....I wasn't sure if it was something anyone recognized, "3CH" or "3GH"....not sure....after mistaking a G for a C on the Glock logo, I don't trust my judgement sometimes :)

I was told it was Russian, but can't find any makers with this kind of stamp on it, but I also don't know much at all about pocket knives! Is anyone familiar with this stamp? In just curious about its origins.
Attachments
20190603_145419.jpg
20190603_145407.jpg
20190603_145355.jpg
20190603_145348.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Trying to identify stamp "3CH"

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

If folks are not posting, they are not ignoring you. It's usually a sign of "I don't know", similar to but not like "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all". We have a fella here who lives in and is native to Bulgaria. If Eustace (screen name) sees it he may have an answer for you. He's a great guy, send him a PM and see what he has to say. He's fairly conversant on Eastern European knives. (if that's what it is)

If you have any questions about how to do something on AAPK, we have a "Tips & Tricks" forum here ---► viewforum.php?f=98 that addresses most of the more common issues.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Eustace

Re: Trying to identify stamp "3CH"

Post by Eustace »

Jerry, thank you for the kind words, my friend!
Leolife2005 wrote: I was told it was Russian, but can't find any makers with this kind of stamp on it, but I also don't know much at all about pocket knives! Is anyone familiar with this stamp? In just curious about its origins.
Hi, Leolife! Right, it's Russian. Produced in the late 1950s in a завод "Складние ножи" ЗCH (Factory "Folging Knives") in Vorsma city. The same model is produced for Army Medical kits - designed to safely cut bandages. After 1960, the stamp changed to СН.

In google you had to search "складной нож ЗСН" :D

Folding Knife Factory (ЗСН) (Vorsma)
In 1870, N. Shmakov organized his own factory in Vorsma. After the nationalization and a number of associations in 1927, the association No. 2 of the ПРУМП (Factory "Lenin") was formed. In 1931, the "Lenin" factory was transferred to the Medinstrument Trust and the factory No. 8 was separated from it, which in 1935 was transformed into a Folding Knife Factory (ЗСН). In 1957, the Artel "Red October" (ВАКО) joined the plant. In the mid-70s, the ЗСН was renamed to "October".

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”