Union Cutlery Q.....

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
knife7knut

Union Cutlery Q.....

Post by knife7knut »

Sorry I don't have any pictures of this knife but it has piqued my curiosity.
While shopping at an antique mall today I ran across what looked like a Union Cutlery Co.toe knife.What was puzzling about it was it only had one blade and no evidence that there was ever another blade in the other end. My question is: Does anyone know if Union(or anyone else for that matter)ever make a one blade toe? Had nice jigged bone handles and a rectangular shield marked Union.Blade showed quite a bit of wear and had been polished. Guy was asking $80 firm and I didn't want to spend that much money on something that may not have been authentic. Any info?
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Union Cutlery Q.....

Post by peanut740 »

They did not.
Roger
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Sleeveboard or equal-end?

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Sleeveboard or equal-end?

Charlie
It was an equal end Charlie.Except for the excessive sharpening and polishing on the blade the frame looked original. I didn't see any evidence of the knife ever having been apart.A real puzzler.I'm going to make another trip down to the store and take some photographs of it.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

There has been some posts recently regarding "Union" marked shields on folders and a fixed blade tang with the "Union" stamp. IIRCC the marks didn't relate to Union Cutlery Co. May want to check 1 or 2 pages on the Kabar page.
steve99f

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”