Storage Folders

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Jethro Bodine

Storage Folders

Post by Jethro Bodine »

Does anybody know if they still make these folders anymore? I don’t use them for knives these days, but sure love them for my antique watches.
Attachments
0965ED2A-39F7-448C-9336-AD850AFD27F0.jpeg
01E5D001-4550-4282-9A70-02602F84E4B7.jpeg
D6FEA4E1-427F-4B22-B58D-10B3E05E5EF2.jpeg
98DECCBB-D997-4523-86E1-BF995DC4EE9A.jpeg

Every picture tells a story, don't it

AAPK Rules!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Storage Folders

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I see them on eBay. Not sure if they are used, new, or NOS. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Some of the new storage folders that sell for ~ $20 break down after about 5 years. The elastic becomes much longer with no tension and the foam backing becomes dust. I also have some of these inexpensive storage folders that have not broken down. They all look similar when new.
kj
Jethro Bodine

Post by Jethro Bodine »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 am Some of the new storage folders that sell for ~ $20 break down after about 5 years. The elastic becomes much longer with no tension and the foam backing becomes dust. I also have some of these inexpensive storage folders that have not broken down. They all look similar when new.
kj

This large one I have in the pic was rough. The elastic is shot, & it needed a serious cleaning. The latch on the outside is broken too. It’s big & holds 72 knives/watches. I’d like to have 2 of these for my watches. I have 2 smaller ones that hold 24 each, but their not in the best shape either.

AAPK Rules!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Harbor Freight, the Chinese analog to Wally World, sells translucent plastic tray/boxes with moveable partition chips for small parts, fasteners, fishing lures, knives, watches, etc. Cheap and very functional. That is what I use. No materials that break down or affect sensitive items, that I am aware of. The little plastic latches often don't work, but that is not a deal breaker for me.
I think this is the one I have. I bought two dozen of them. Those little partition chips are removable.
https://www.harborfreight.com/18-divide ... 94457.html
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I have not tried this one from Amazon yet, but I may order one before long.

United Cutlery UC1183 Knife Roll https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GXPP38/re ... PDbB5WJS3N
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I've had the elastic go bad, as well. My wife cut out the old and put new elastic in it.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Hey there Jethro Bodine, I been doin' a little cipherin' and I figger if you was to sell them there watches then you could probly git into med school and become a brain surgeon after all!
Seriously, that is a pretty impressive looking collection, how long have you been at it? Do collectors stay away from the old ones with the radium numbers? Amazing to think that they were hand painted by ladies who were assured that there were no health risks.
How many different brands are represented in that photo?
Ike
Jethro Bodine

Post by Jethro Bodine »

Waukonda wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:32 pm Hey there Jethro Bodine, I been doin' a little cipherin' and I figger if you was to sell them there watches then you could probly git into med school and become a brain surgeon after all!
Seriously, that is a pretty impressive looking collection, how long have you been at it? Do collectors stay away from the old ones with the radium numbers? Amazing to think that they were hand painted by ladies who were assured that there were no health risks.
How many different brands are represented in that photo?
The real old radium number watches usually have long lost their glow, & aren’t as easy to identify. They don’t pose any threat unless they’re tinkered with from removing the crystal.

Many different brands in the photo, Elgin, Bulova, Waltham, Hamilton, Benrus. I’ve been collecting them for 20 some years, some were passed down from my father. I tend to keep anything Swiss made as well.

AAPK Rules!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”