Aurum etched stag set

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
falcons1

Aurum etched stag set

Post by falcons1 »

Can any provide some insight on this Aurum stag set. All 5 knives are marked 007. I’m mostly looking for a ballpark value for the set. I can provide more detailed pictures if needed.
Attachments
4FA8909A-19CD-4746-8BA4-523A85B9E5EE.jpeg
17E11854-C81E-42A9-920C-86AF717A1DBF.jpeg
041AD1D1-5527-4712-8576-323A55BDB827.jpeg
0DB4C26C-7D10-4F6A-9A47-AE4AFCA389C9.jpeg
80D47EFC-4E66-4302-9021-CC46E2897098.jpeg
E5C18BF7-3623-49A3-980E-50F4556C763E.jpeg
eveled

Re: Aurum etched stag set

Post by eveled »

Stunning!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Really beautiful knives;are there any maker's marks besides the Aurum mark? That company was the one that did the blade etching;they didn't make knives to my knowledge.
They look to be high quality knives and the 007 is the sequential number in a limited edition set. As to price this would be very difficult to determine unless some information regarding how many were made and who made them. Then comes the problem of finding someone who likes to collect sets like that.
You could try e-Bay's sold listings but you may not find that particular set. And value is a very subjective item. For even if the retail value could be determined(arbitrarily say $500)a dealer will usually only pay about 50% of that;assuming he even wants them.Just my opinions;others on here might be more helpful.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
falcons1

Post by falcons1 »

knife7knut wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:44 am Really beautiful knives;are there any maker's marks besides the Aurum mark? That company was the one that did the blade etching;they didn't make knives to my knowledge.
They look to be high quality knives and the 007 is the sequential number in a limited edition set. As to price this would be very difficult to determine unless some information regarding how many were made and who made them. Then comes the problem of finding someone who likes to collect sets like that.
You could try e-Bay's sold listings but you may not find that particular set. And value is a very subjective item. For even if the retail value could be determined(arbitrarily say $500)a dealer will usually only pay about 50% of that;assuming he even wants them.Just my opinions;others on here might be more helpful.

No other markings on the knives. I know they worked with multiple knife makers but can’t narrow it down to a specific maker. I will keep digging. Thanks for the information.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Not on that set, but here is some info on AURUM>
http://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_f ... ilit=Aurum
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Though not my cup of tea they are very nice knives and probably worth a good bit of money. Here is a ten-year old but informative posting on the company from BladeForums: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/aur ... ck.767846/.

I believe if you spent an hour or so Googling the description and following links you could begin to home in on who made them and their value.

As a starting point you could sign up for WorthPoint and see what these sets sold for:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1788811363
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -519393819.

Dennis
Kulrich

Post by Kulrich »

The knives were an Aurum product but they did not make the knives, I believe they are Alcas knives. They etched, advertised and sold their early products thenselves. As to value that could change on any given day, as a set they are worth less than when sold by the piece. I would estimate the set around $500, Individually I would estimate $600-700. I have been doing quite a bit of research on Aurum etched knives over the last couple years and have communicated with its founder, Sam Shortes. I believe most of the sets, like most knife sets, have been broken up over time, so to have the complete set is a bit of a rarity. There is precious little info on the internet and Aurum Etchings did not keep good records. They also did not understand the collector market and did some strange things like letting customers pick a serial number, so even though a set may be 1 of 500 and you have #325, there may have only been 75 set produced. Hope that helps.

Ken
Freedom: You have the right to be you, I have the right to be free of you.
Ben Ogle

Post by Ben Ogle »

Beautiful knives!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”