Case xx The Beast first edition

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Donotbend

Case xx The Beast first edition

Post by Donotbend »

Hello .. what’s a round about price for this knife ? Can’t find this first edition completed sale. Thx guys
Attachments
2F0C5E6F-6BFF-4C72-851D-823A9C941123.jpeg
A211D912-AC74-4446-833B-177D543E0A9F.jpeg
79936A68-6F9C-42BA-B758-40AEC9119D22.jpeg
6FF3B99F-9A0D-4F4B-B3EA-82A5BD4265EC.jpeg
2EF5BDBE-319F-4759-AB61-21FBFE81A32C.jpeg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case xx The Beast first edition

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Lots of these “Beasts” have been sold on eBay. Sold listings range from $75 for bone to over $300 for abalone and pearl. The small beasts go for less. Take a look, and judge yours accordingly. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I like Cases 5 Blade Trappers and have watched a lot of auctions for them. The 1990s versions with 2 short blades like yours are more common than the mid-2000s versions that have 5 long blades. During both time periods some were etched Beast and/or serial numbered and or had their bolsters engraved. Maybe engraved bolsters boosts the final bid slightly but other wise the only time those markings influence value is when a seller auctions knives with different side covers that have the same serial number. After buying one getting another with the same serial number is the incentive to bid higher. It worked on me. 1st edition v. 4th edition does not effect value. Case etches so many of their knife blades special or first or limited edition that we all ignore those etchings.

BTW, carefully selecting a Swiss army knife pouch will get you a good fitting belt pouch. Three blade Trappers are the widest ones that will go in Case's Trapper pouches.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I've never seen one of these before;when were they made? If they call it the Beast,what would you call this one? Not a Case but it has a buncha blades! :mrgreen:
Attachments
TenBladePakistaniTrapper 001.jpg
TenBladePakistaniTrapper 002.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

An accordion that cuts.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

It is too big for my pockets. Would you call it a suitcase knife instead?
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

These big multi-blades are more of a novelty. I think the earliest ones were made to show off a cutler’s skill. Later ones are to ”catch” a collector. Not a practical pattern to EDC in any era. JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 pm These big multi-blades are more of a novelty. I think the earliest ones were made to show off a cutler’s skill. Later ones are Tom”catch” a collector. Not a practical pattern to EDC in any era. JMO

Ken
If you were only writing about 10 blade trappers which I doubt is the case then I would agree. While Case's 5 blade #54 Trappers like the original poster's knife require a Swiss army knife belt pouch they are practical for me. Since I'm not subject to a dress code that rules out belt pouches that's my preferred method of carry. However the three blade versions are a little more comfortable in hand and fit a standard Case Trapper pouch. All the 10 blade Trappers I've seen pictures of look like they took the parts to make two 5 blade trappers and put them together with long pins. All blades are duplicates. They are all from inexpensive sources. I could pack one around every day in a wheelbarrow and, since my fingers would not reach around one, ::hmm:: vise grips to hold it while I'm using it?

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”