Can any one HELP Identify how old they THINK THIS Knife is???

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
whyte001

Can any one HELP Identify how old they THINK THIS Knife is???

Post by whyte001 »

Hello every one new to this site I buy some Knifes in auctions bought these still to pick them on Monday can any one help identify how old they think this victorinox or wenger is???? think early just not sure and hope badge still there from airport lost and found so hope so :o :o thanks for any help any one can give thanks
Attachments
1100015016_LI.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Can any one HELP Identify how old they THINK THIS Knife is???

Post by 1967redrider »

Hi wythe001 and ::welcome:: to AAPK! Someone might be able to provide the information you're looking for if you can post a picture of the tang stamp (blades open). Hope you get an answer. ::nod::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I’m going out on a limb here, I don’t think either one of them are Wenger. The red one looks like a Chinese knock off. The top one looks of better quality but still Chinese. Maybe I am wrong, but I had knives like those two in a collection I bought once and they were both Chinese.
Some people sell these and call them Swiss Army when they aren’t, it’s kind of like the term Kleenex for facial tissues
Hope I’m wrong.
Welcome aboard.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

THANKS GUYS for bit info hope not hahaha fae Scotland so hope no Chinese... ::dang:: haha am hoping badge there when pick them up 21 knifes for 70 pounds cant grumble for that price seen that and gut said go for it. ::undecided:: ::undecided:: thanks will up load more pictures on Monady when collect them thank u Gentleman HAVE GID DAY ::tu::
Attachments
1100015016.jpg
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

I got a knife pretty similar to the circled one from ranngerbluedog in the POS exchange. It's german and has the whale logo like the box in the op pic, but no name on it, so seeing the box helped me. Thanks
Bruce
big monk

Post by big monk »

Box may go with this Minox ??

Here is a link to some**
https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/knive ... rmy-style/
Attachments
minox-knife-richartz.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

big monk wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:16 pm Box may go with this Minox ??

Here is a link to some**
https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/knive ... rmy-style/
If that Richartz has a secondary blade with a forked end it will come apart into two pieces.It is a camp knife for eating.You have to open the secondary blade and then slide it apart.Here is mine opened.
Attachments
RichartzSolingenNatuzzi2016-8.33 004.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

The red one looks like a RICHARTZ to me also. Maybe 1970s? The big pivot pin matches.
Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 8.07.04 PM.png
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

I think it is an early 40's RICHARTZ with the birdseye rivet. Just wag, not enough info. If he is still around smiling knife use to save these. There should be some of his old posts in the records somewhere.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I think the knife in question is Japanese, probably '60s or so. There seemed to be a lot of SAK clones coming from Japan at that time. The box is probably fairly modern--1990s to present.
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

Evening all... ::tu:: Thanks to all for replys on knife I was wondering about,,,, other knifes to. thanks berryb,mossdancer and rangerbluedog. thanks once I collect them on Monday will post some more pictures great comments about all.. guys thanks again tc all ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Utility multiblade knives with red 'fibrox' handles were made by many German manufacturers pre WW II. Wide variation in quality. Some were poorly made and others are better quality with good fit & finish. Without seeing the blades i cannot tell if your knife is one of these.
It could also be a knife made in China 20 or more years ago which would be of low quality.
Show us a picture with blades open & tang markings for an accurate answer.
kj
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

hello thanks again everyone.. ::tu:: ::tu:: will post pictures when I collect them tomorrow. got all for around 88 pound from airport lost and found auction... means took from people at airport customs officers ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: so a lot are real but some are fake cheap ones. looked on this site as guide in past and thought pretty good so here a am good info thanks take care all
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

hello i've tried to find out through the two pins only couple pictures like you said. kootenay joe, rangerbluedog...etc am hoping that it is pre ww2 thanks again ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
eb9ff2e4564cd890a1107ff188c0ddd5.jpg
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

and this one
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

sorry this ::tu::
Attachments
s-l1000.jpg
whyte001

Post by whyte001 »

this :x :x
Attachments
s-l1000.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Are all the knives in the picture on previous page the ones you bought ?
We need to see the entire knife with blades open, lying flat and picture taken from directly overhead, no angled pics as this distorts image.
From blades closed it looks like it could be vintage German, but could also have a different origin. Blades open will tell us.
kj
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 am Are all the knives in the picture on previous page the ones you bought ?
We need to see the entire knife with blades open, lying flat and picture taken from directly overhead, no angled pics as this distorts image.
From blades closed it looks like it could be vintage German, but could also have a different origin. Blades open will tell us.
kj
Roland:judging from the way the nail nicks are cut and the bail I think it is of Japanese origin and not all that old.The German and other European models have much better placed nicks.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

knife7knut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:55 am
kootenay joe wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 am Are all the knives in the picture on previous page the ones you bought ?
kj
Roland:judging from the way the nail nicks are cut and the bail I think it is of Japanese origin and not all that old.The German and other European models have much better placed nicks.
Ray, i have a red 'fibrox' handle vintage German multi-blade and the bird's eye rivet, bail and placement of the 2 handle pins are all the same as on this OP knife. Even bail details look the same.
Hopefully we will soon see pictures with blades open and close up of tang markings and then we will know.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”