What i you doing in lock down?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Nev52

Re: What i you doing in lock down?

Post by Nev52 »

DSCF2174.JPG
DSCF2174.JPG
Working on some of my equipment when it is not raining. Doing dry wall work in the house when it is raining. ::dang:: John Deere 310 backhoe.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

TripleF wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 am
Lansky1 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 am
TripleF wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:44 am Not locked down.......my life hasn't changed one bit.

I find places to procure knives then resell. Then in the afternoon I go to the park and hike or make spoons.
Come home, eat dinner, watch videos on yt have a drink......go to bed.
REPEAT 7 dyas a week.

That was my routine before the media broke in with this crap.
Scott - I went on your eBay site to see the bushcraft spoons you make & was impressed ... very nice work ! Question from one woodworker to another ... what tools do you use to "dish" out the concave part of a wooden spoon - that would seem to be the tricky part ? THx -
Usually just my knife and sandpaper. If it gets deeper I'll use a Mora hook knife.
I made quite a few with the Uncle Henry (imported) I reviewed.
Nice - I didn't think you could dish out a wooden spoon like that with a knife - that blade profile with a little belly obviously works great for this application ... a thin / pointy clip probably wouldn't work as well.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Lansky1 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:31 pm
TripleF wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 am
Lansky1 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 am

Scott - I went on your eBay site to see the bushcraft spoons you make & was impressed ... very nice work ! Question from one woodworker to another ... what tools do you use to "dish" out the concave part of a wooden spoon - that would seem to be the tricky part ? THx -
Usually just my knife and sandpaper. If it gets deeper I'll use a Mora hook knife.
I made quite a few with the Uncle Henry (imported) I reviewed.
Nice - I didn't think you could dish out a wooden spoon like that with a knife - that blade profile with a little belly obviously works great for this application ... a thin / pointy clip probably wouldn't work as well.
I would think a Cotton Sampler would be just the berries for that task.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
richard

Post by richard »

wlf wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:36 pm
richard wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 am
buddyie22 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:22 am Question ....How do you attach the fishing line to the bobber maybe a pic ?
I use 2 methods
1 lock line either side of brass ring. with split shot, for windy weather.so bobber stays upright.
2 thread line up the bobber, secure at top with a piece of valve rubber. for calm weather.and easy change of depth.

this is my creek set up rigged for trout. the rod is 6 foot 1980's butterworth carbon fibre. cut down to 5 foot.
the reel is a 1970's mitchell . modified with a mitchell 410 gear box . and speed winder.now retrieves 4 to 1. not 3 to one.
reason for both mods, rod was broke in half. reel gear box was corroded .now both work like new . or better .
I’m surprised you’re able to get parts for that reel? I fished with Mitchells, then Cardinal 54s but mostly 154s. I’ve got a bunch of older reels. Loved the ones made in Sweden.

Never used a bobber trout fishing, except as an indicator in the rod? What baits are effective where you fish?
you can get new old stock parts, for older reels on ebay, but they are expensive. ($30 for a mitchell winder).
i go to flea markets and yard sales, and buy quality older reels. even if broken .for next to nothing . to use as donor parts.
i use the bobber to float the bait down, to where i think the fish are .
i use natural baits. that i find along the creek. crickets , yabbies, worms.any thing that i can get on a hook.
i keep moving down the creek. looking for likely spots .to fish.
richard

Post by richard »

todays effort, from the parts box.
Attachments
002.JPG
003.JPG

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”