Is this a Parker made Sears knife?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Is this a Parker made Sears knife?

Post by Gone2Three »

Hello friends, I have another mystery going that I may need help with.
So is this an early production Japan Parker knife for sears? This was part of the estate find and was documented as purchased new in 1983.
I've read up on the Parker Frost split and was questioning if schrade was involved. But information leads to his private label made in Japan.
Thanks y'all for helping me find out for my buddy.
Attachments
KIMG0735_021.jpg
KIMG0738_011.jpg
RevolverGuy

Re: Is this a Parker made Sears knife?

Post by RevolverGuy »

Yes that Sears/Craftsman knife was a Parker/Eagle made in Seki, Japan. The eagle etch on the blade was kind of a trademark for them.

Most of the Sears/Craftsman knives were made by Camillus and Schrade. Those will bare the USA stamp. I believe Parker was the last to make their knives, during the Parker-Imai era, which were all made in Japan. By the way the thumb stud on yours must have been added later by the previous owner.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Is this a Parker made Sears knife?

Post by Gone2Three »

RevolverGuy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 pm Yes that Sears/Craftsman knife was a Parker/Eagle made in Seki, Japan. The eagle etch on the blade was kind of a trademark for them.

Most of the Sears/Craftsman knives were made by Camillus and Schrade. Those will bare the USA stamp. I believe Parker was the last to make their knives, during the Parker-Imai era, which were all made in Japan. By the way the thumb stud on yours must have been added later by the previous owner.
Thanks RevolverGuy! That's what I thought, just wanted someone to confirm my suspicions. Appreciate your response ::tu:: ::handshake::

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”