Custom Made Knife?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
just bob

Custom Made Knife?

Post by just bob »

I'm not intending to say anything bad about the person selling this knife. This post is strictly about the knife itself and not the seller. I saw this today and it kind of pops out at you. Looks like an imported mass produced knife more than a custom made one. How many custom knife makers go to the expense of making a custom knife and then put a set of $2 handles on it? The USA on the etch is probably where the person lives and not where the knife was made?
Seems more like something that was mass produced with a blank tang stamp and then etched? I also looked a bit and then is not a well known knife maker. It's possible the person on the tang stamp ordered this and then gave them out as gifts and wasn't a knife maker at all. What do others think?

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... order=DESC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIM-THOMAS-KNI ... 7675.l2557
Attachments
aaaaa .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Custom Made Knife?

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

You are probably right about this. If it was someone who made one handmade knife just to say they did it, they would be asking a lot more based on the time and materials used. And if it was priced like it is, chances are it would have been mass produced and you would see a lot of them. Certain amount of hyperbole in the description. And the choice of handle material on a one of a kind knife is nothing but lame.

Definition of hyperbole, the description of " mile high ice cream cones".
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”