Wallkill River knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
jcfleming813930

Wallkill River knife

Post by jcfleming813930 »

Interesting find today. My first one I've ever seen. Slight handle repair. Decent shape for 100 year old knife. Any idea on value?
Attachments
20210413_175705.jpg
20210413_175625.jpg
20210413_175618.jpg
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wallkill River knife

Post by Ridgegrass »

Nice knife. No idea of value. Just a friendly word: If that knife doesn't have half-stops, opening both blades like that can snap the back spring.Then value is zero. Maybe you knew that and it does have half stops. Anyway, good luck with it. J.O'.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Looks like a "slight" handle repair on one side, but the other side looks like the whole scale has been replaced. Very little value I'm afraid.
jcfleming813930

Post by jcfleming813930 »

I am aware of the slight repair on one side, but I got this knife from a long time owner and feel fairly certain the other scale is original. I believe my poor picture taking in the car makes it look slightly different than it does in person.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Wallkill River Works was an "economy" brand of New York Knife Co and small pen knives by Wallkill don't bring much in excellent condition. Even the "patch" on one side drops the collector value greatly. I think you'd be lucky to get twenty bucks for it. The jigging looks really different from one side to the other, and if there is a problem there way less than twenty. The jigging on both sides should look identical. I paid 40 for a small Wallkill four blade knife in excellent condition and have not been offered even my forty for it at several knife shows. Good luck with it.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”