Where was it made and what is the name of the company

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Runted

Where was it made and what is the name of the company

Post by Runted »

I hate it when I get a knife that I can't identify. It happens all of the time but I still hate it.
I recently purchased a lot of knives from an auction site and this one has me stumped.
It is not a high quality knife more of a working mans knife. The blade is stamped with what
looks to be the name JILKHUSH CUTLERY. I have looked high and low and have not found anything
yet. Of course I could be looking for the wrong name as the first letters are pretty light.
The handles are checkered wood and the bolsters are just plain sheet metal.

If any of you have any ideas please let me know. The value of the knife is minimal its just I hate
to not know.
IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4420.JPG
Thanks for looking.
steve99f

Re: Where was it made and what is the name of the company

Post by steve99f »

I'm no expert but based on the two pictures, if i had to bet, I'd say it came from Pakistan or some other 'stan. The quality of construction points me in that direction.
steve99f
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The checkered handles do not look like the handles seen on knives from Pakistan that i have seen. Looks more like old British ?
kj
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Could the "J" maybe have been a "D" as some of the other letters of the stamp are not complete but assumed? The name Dilkhush will get you some response leading to India. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:24 pm Could the "J" maybe have been a "D" as some of the other letters of the stamp are not complete but assumed? The name Dilkhush will get you some response leading to India. ::shrug::
Treefarmer
I think you are right ! The first letter could well be a "D".
kj
Runted

Post by Runted »

I agree that the knife comes from India or Pakistan or Afghanistan or that area.
I was hoping that the name on the blade may have been an actual cutlery company
from that area but it seems to just be something they stamped on the blade
to make it seem higher grade. Like when the gun makers in Afghanistan stamp
names and stuff all over some of the guns just for looks.

I know the knife has very little value I was just curious. Thanks for looking and your input.

This knife was in a group of about 30 knives that I bought unseen at an online auction.
Upon getting them it seems that they may have been in a fire or flood. They were all rusty
and very dirty. There were 12 Frontier lock back knives of which they will clean up some and
should be good enough to give nephews and nieces. There were a lot of old Imperial knives with
the handles warped and coming apart, these I am not sure of a use for. But its been fun looking
and cleaning on them. I would have paid more taking the grand kids somewhere for the day.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”