Ever Seen This Mark Before

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Ever Seen This Mark Before

Post by Paladin »

Guys,
I found this knife in a batch of stuff I acquired and I have never seen this sort of tang stamp before. I don't ever know if I have it upside down or right side up. The knife seems to of very decent quality tho it may be made by that Paki guy. I am reasonably sure the handles are MOP. The backspring is file worked.
My question is,, do you recognize the stamp?
Do you think this is a Pakistan or a China knife?

Thanks for any input,
Ray
Attachments
1-IMG_0171.JPG
1-IMG_0173.JPG
1-IMG_0174.JPG
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ever Seen This Mark Before

Post by Madmarco »

I don't recognize that stamp either Ray, but the knife appears to be better quality than Chinese or Pakistani, but that's JMHO. Again, price? 8)
8)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:27 pm I don't recognize that stamp either Ray, but the knife appears to be better quality than Chinese or Pakistani, but that's JMHO. Again, price? 8)
Marco, Check your PMs.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Checked and replied Ray! 8)
8)
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

I've seen that mark before. Did you guys figure it out? J.O'.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:58 pm I've seen that mark before. Did you guys figure it out? J.O'.
No, we didn't. Help us out if you can.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Sorry, I only know I've seen it before. Looks like maybe somebody named "stan" ::shrug:: J.O'.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It looks similar to the huge number of 'tactical' style knives that come from China. Many have similar 'checkered pearl' type handles and some have just one handle screw as does this one. It could be this knife was for export to Middle East countries that use an alphabet different from ours ?
kj
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:09 pm It looks similar to the huge number of 'tactical' style knives that come from China. Many have similar 'checkered pearl' type handles and some have just one handle screw as does this one. It could be this knife was for export to Middle East countries that use an alphabet different from ours ?
kj
Thanks, KJ. It is better than the average China product but I think I'll not put it in my store. Maybe just carry it to shows and see what happens.
Thanks to everyone for their input on this one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm
kootenay joe wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:09 pm It looks similar to the huge number of 'tactical' style knives that come from China. Many have similar 'checkered pearl' type handles and some have just one handle screw as does this one. It could be this knife was for export to Middle East countries that use an alphabet different from ours ?
kj
Thanks, KJ. It is better than the average China product but I think I'll not put it in my store. Maybe just carry it to shows and see what happens.

Ray
Ray, i have some made in China knives that are of the highest quality. Most are inexpensive but a few that came from AG Russell cost just under $100.
There are tactical style knives from China that cost between $500-$1,000, and they sell quickly.
The idea that Chinese knives are always low quality is no longer correct.
The marking on your knife does not look to be of our alphabet which makes me think it was made in, or made for, a country that uses a different 'alphabet.
If the blade action is smooth with no play and edge is sharp then it is a good knife for someone to use. I see no reason not to list it in your store and state "origin unknown". It might become someone's favorite knife.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm
kj

Ray
Ray, i have some made in China knives that are of the highest quality. Most are inexpensive but a few that came from AG Russell cost just under $100.
There are tactical style knives from China that cost between $500-$1,000, and they sell quickly.
The idea that Chinese knives are always low quality is no longer correct.
The marking on your knife does not look to be of our alphabet which makes me think it was made in, or made for, a country that uses a different 'alphabet.
If the blade action is smooth with no play and edge is sharp then it is a good knife for someone to use. I see no reason not to list it in your store and state "origin unknown". It might become someone's favorite knife.
kj
Exactly, and very well put Roland! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

I like it, there are a lot of China knives coming out that are made really well and this could very well be one of them.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Samb wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:02 am I like it, there are a lot of China knives coming out that are made really well and this could very well be one of them.
I agree. But still how to explain this unusual marking ?
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”