knife recommendation

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Sandrascott

Re: knife recommendation

Post by Sandrascott »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:33 pm What i like about GEC and Fallkniven knives is that they arrive with truly sharp edges. Many other brands arrive with rather dull blades that require further sharpening before they will cut/slice effectively.
kj
We've been looking for this type of knife for a long time, and it's true, only these two have sharp edges.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

More fake news. Some manufacturers may occasionally put out an unsharpened knife, but it’s extremely rare - which is why when/if it happens the buyer rushes to post about it. :roll:

Nothing against GEC or Fallkniven - both make excellent cutlery. I have a dozen GEC knives within arms reach of where I’m sitting as I type this. Still in the tubes, never carried or used. They’re all sharp - not one of them will shave. Which is about what you get from others. ::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:38 pm More fake news. Some manufacturers may occasionally put out an unsharpened knife, but it’s extremely rare - which is why when/if it happens the buyer rushes to post about it. :roll:

Nothing against GEC or Fallkniven - both make excellent cutlery. I have a dozen GEC knives within arms reach of where I’m sitting as I type this. Still in the tubes, never carried or used. They’re all sharp - not one of them will shave. Which is about what you get from others. ::nod::

Ken
Sharpest knife out of the box I have experienced is CIVIVI. Shaves right out of the box.
Thomaskeenan

Post by Thomaskeenan »

BIGHEAD wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:17 am
Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:38 pm More fake news. Some manufacturers may occasionally put out an unsharpened knife, but it’s extremely rare - which is why when/if it happens the buyer rushes to post about it. :roll:

Ken
Sharpest knife out of the box I have experienced is CIVIVI. Shaves right out of the box.
Do you recommend buying this knife? Now I found it at a discount and I'm thinking about getting it.
Thomaskeenan

Post by Thomaskeenan »

It looks good too though, I went and got it, it's a purchase I really like. Besides that I am also a teacher and often I have to do a presentation or dissertation for students and because I am a knife enthusiast, I don't always have time for this so I use https://edubirdie.com/write-my-dissertation. It really is a big help for me. If you need some free time instead of writing dissertations you can use this service!
Attachments
IMG_9797.JPG

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”