Syracuse Knife Co USA

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
DMLEATH

Syracuse Knife Co USA

Post by DMLEATH »

It looks like Syracuse were made by Camillus according to a post on this website- is this the 1935 era knife- it is a neat old swell center with Mother of Pearl handles 2 7/8” closed
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Syracuse Knife Co USA

Post by gsmith7158 »

Seems like I recall Syracuse and Iriqouis knives were both made by Utica or Ulster but I could be wrong.
I just checked my references and I was wrong. It was Camillus that made Syracuse knife and Iriqouis was made by Utica. These companies were started near the beginning of the Great Depression to market economy knives.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Syracuse was a Camillus brand, the town of Camillus is close by Syracuse. Are the other blades marked? I have never seen a pearl Syracuse whittler, Syracuse was generally used on "economy" knives, most I've seen have celluloid scales. If the other blades are not marked I'd be suspect of the blade being replaced. The pivot pin on the master blade looks suspicious too.
DMLEATH

Post by DMLEATH »

Thanks to you both!

Gunsil,

I believe you are right on the changed blade- the other blade is marked different. I didn’t look it over very well. I don’t recognize this tang stamp.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”