Vintage Case xx 400 j-10 scissors need age?

A place to discuss sharp and pointy things from the kitchen.
littleoasis

Vintage Case xx 400 j-10 scissors need age?

Post by littleoasis »

I inherited a pair of Case 10" scissors and can't find anything about them. Nickel plated with a button I'm not familiar with . Any ideas as to age? ::shrug::
Attachments
DSCF0240.JPG
DSCF0245.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vintage Case xx 400 j-10 scissors need age?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

If no one answers your multiple posts here about the scissors, you should send your question directly to Case, by email to consumer-relations@wrcase.com. Someone here at AAPK may know the answer but since it's primarily a pocket knife forum, maybe not. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
littleoasis

Post by littleoasis »

Thanks for that Case link. Since I didn't get started asking until today I thought I would give the In The Kitchen forum a chance but not much action here. I was really hoping some of the tang and shield Id guys might pick up on the font or something. That why I posted it in several forums trying to get a little exposure to the shield. I will remove any that have gotten no replies and contact Case on Monday. I sell antiquities and such online and am used to hitting brick walls alot. Last month I had to compose 3 letters in French to attempt to date a David de Neville soft leather briefcase. The company that bears his name couldn't find it but did show me a similar one, used, for 199 euros about $254 but not exactly the same. I gave $30 for it 15 years ago on Ebay.They, or I, didn't mention what date is was from so back to the Eng. to French generator I go to try to get some sort of time frame. But if you think there are a lot of vintage/collectable knives, you should see how many old collectable scissors there are. Wow! Thanks
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Two thoughts:

1) Maybe the book below might help.

2) There is a Case Collector's Club Forum. Maybe someone there knows scissors. (There is a link to the forum on the Case website.)

Dennis
Attachments
51NDT8hQm7L._AC_US218_.jpg
51NDT8hQm7L._AC_US218_.jpg (12.4 KiB) Viewed 2372 times

Return to “In The Kitchen”