More kitchen knives..Cutco

A place to discuss sharp and pointy things from the kitchen.
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

More kitchen knives..Cutco

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

So here is a set with many missing. I couldnt leave them for $10. Not new but not hacked up. I replaced one out of my edc knife block.
20201118_131924(1).jpg
knife7knut

Re: More kitchen knives..Cutco

Post by knife7knut »

For a sawbuck I wouldn't have left them either! Great score! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

Thanks I feel better :)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:45 am Thanks I feel better :)
I felt the same about these little critters I bought for 50 cents apiece.I checked out e-Bay and couldn't believe what people were asking for them when they even came up for sale.In case you haven't seen them before they are table knife rests made for Cutco.The "Sherlock" was a logo they used at one time.I wound up giving them away to fellow collectors and now only have one large and one small left.
Attachments
Sherlocks 001.jpg
Sherlocks 002.jpg
Sherlocks 004.jpg
Sherlocks 006.jpg
Sherlocks 007.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

$10 was a steal! I like the ergonomics of the 1020--I think with a sheath, it would be a decent neck knife.

Cutco are supposedly really good knives, but also really expensive. When they refurbed a 1881 "Pocket Knife" I had, they sent a catalog with it, and I had a heart attack looking at the quite high prices. Not to mention the 1881 is about $70, when every other comparable knife from US cutlery companies is $30 or less in similar steels.
just bob

Post by just bob »

The best I can figure out this is a salesman's sample showing the different handles Cutco used on their kitchen knives. The problem is I don't see another one to be certain. Has anyone ever seen an item like this before?
Attachments
aa.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

JACK OF ALL TIRADES wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:41 pm So here is a set with many missing. I couldnt leave them for $10. Not new but not hacked up. I replaced one out of my edc knife block.20201118_131924(1).jpg
You stole 'em!! ::nod:: Good job!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are 3 that my wife was gifted many years ago. There were 4 but someone tried to use it as a pry bar & snapped the blade right at the hilt.
Attachments
IMG_6738.edit1.jpg
IMG_6739.edit1.jpg
IMG_6740.edit1.jpg
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

knife7knut wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:35 am Here are 3 that my wife was gifted many years ago. There were 4 but someone tried to use it as a pry bar & snapped the blade right at the hilt.
knife7knut, ::hmm:: you may be on to something.... ::hmm:: I have been trying to use this Craftsman to cut and prepare food in the kitchen ::facepalm:: ::dang:: I wish I could have traded it out for that Cutco before they broke the blade... ::skeptic:: ::paranoid:: seems like we both would have had the better end of the deal... ::paranoid::
Attachments
DSCF1323.JPG
DSCF1324.JPG
DSCF1325.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

Here is a couple of cutco’s my wife picked up at a thrift store for 50 cents each.
I actually tried selling cutco knife sets door to door when I got out of school. I sold one set and that was to my mom and she still has them. I found out right away I wasn’t a salesman!!
79A47454-83C4-4F1A-BB9D-D420410DD29C.jpeg
7F477A45-B7B8-4658-B4E3-4BB2485FC077.jpeg
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
eveled

Post by eveled »

just bob wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:39 am The best I can figure out this is a salesman's sample showing the different handles Cutco used on their kitchen knives. The problem is I don't see another one to be certain. Has anyone ever seen an item like this before?
That is a cool piece! What else could it be but a sample?
Probably not that many made. Seems most salesmen probably just had different knives with different handles to let customers use
RedRaiderRick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by RedRaiderRick »

I have several Cutco knives including a field knife. Lifetime guaranteed so return the one that snapped for a replacement.
To those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected ones will never know.

Return to “In The Kitchen”