Some more swords..............

A place dedicated to the discussion & picture sharing of swords, hatchets, throwing knives, Native American Tools, tomahawk heads and other related items.
knife7knut

Some more swords..............

Post by knife7knut »

Doing my start of the year photo updating and I came across my somewhat small sword collection and decided to post a few of them.
First up are a couple of Filipino barongs;one with a handle made from a goat's horn(I think)and the other wood with pearl inlays.
Next is a Chinese dagger(or short sword)with a figured brass handle and lacquered scabbard colored to look like toroise shell.
Next is a Chinese short sword which I believe is called a police model.
Next is a couple more Chinese swords.
Next is a US Army sword by Horstmann Brothers.
Next is a pair of Japanese swords I bought at a yard sale in town for $225. Haven't gotten them evaluated yet but a tentative estimate on one of them is several thousand dollars.
Last one was given to me along with an IOOF sword that a friend of mine found in the trunk of a used car he took in on trade.This has tentatively been identified as a Revolutionary War era cutlass.Hope to find out more info soon.
Attachments
Barong1.jpg
Barong2.jpg
ChineseDagger1 001.jpg
ChineseShortSword1.jpg
ChineseSword1.jpg
ChineseSword2 001.jpg
ChineseSword2 001.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
HorstmannBros1 002.jpg
HorstmannBros1 002.jpg (34.12 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
IMG_4554.jpg
OldSword11 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Some more swords..............

Post by Quick Steel »

Doing my start of the year photo updating and I came across my somewhat small sword collection and decided to post a few of them.
Wow Knife7! That is a really interesting and eclectic collection of swords. If for some of them you are able to learn anything of their history or value kindly share that with us. ::groove::
Owd Wullie

Re: Some more swords..............

Post by Owd Wullie »

Send some good pics of that pair to Dudly the Togi.

He KNOWS that kind of steel.

NEAT STUFF!! ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Other Sharp Objects”